Jay_paternostro

Any pulaski salmon fisherman here?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, passiton said:

Conservation Officers (DEC up there) are plainclothes.  The guy fishing next to you could stop, pull a badge, and ticket you.  Wish there was more of that actually.  

They are super sneaky and I love it. Last year I was on the salmon river and 2 other guys were there before sun up. They started fishing when they weren't supposed to, officer was about 30 yards down river in the bushes. He had been watching us and busted the guys fishing early.

Another officer was at the damn, fishing next to me, I was talking to him for about an hour, didn't even know he was a DEEP officer. A guy across from us hooked up, salmon was foul hooked, as soon as he put the fish on stringer, he calmly went over to he guy and walked him back to the parking lot, came back about an hour later and then I found out he was an officer.

My first year going, I saw 3 Russian guys get busted using bunker snags. It was hysterical....

there needs to be more of this, its crazy up there during the run.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/15/2021 at 10:09 AM, DZ said:

Douglaston Salmon run does offer limited daily pass access that will temper the crowded conditions and keep out some of the yahoo’s.  Sometimes it’s worth the extra cost for both salmon and steelhead seasons. 

The one thing to be aware of at DSR, unless things have changed in the past couple of years, is that their trout fishing is all catch and release.  So if anyone wants to take a fish home, it's not the right place.

Edited by CWitek

Years ago we used to go every year.  The plain closed conversation officers would have a school bus in the parking lot.  If you got cited you were taken to the bus and once they had enough guys in the bus they would drive it to the judge and you had to pay your fine on the spot.  Talked to one guy who got the bus ride three times in one weekend.  Never understood why anyone would keep the fish because they taste like crap.