Personal best Pike?

Jay_paternostro

Best pike was 14in. Nothing even worth mentioning, but since you asked...

Caught while fishing for smb and lmb in Wisconsin.

I was still in high school at the time and had very little experience chasing anything but bass, channel cats, and bluegills in the warm waters of TX.

Wish I could get back to those waters at this time with my acquired knowledge. Pike fishing would be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

No size or picture on her.  I was fishing alone when it hit out of no where at boat side, slamming a crankbait. It took me for a ride and entertained a boat of onlookers. As a good estimate it was 36+ " inches and fought like crazy.  I was able to get a hand on her and slip the hook out before letting her go.  It was not far from where I caught my largest largemouth which I don't have a pic or measurements but it was longer than my forearm and I could get my whole fist plus inside it's mouth. Haven't fished that stretch in years though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My biggest was 30 inches caught on 4 inch Yozuri floating diver in a mackerel pattern while trolling on a lake in NE Ontario.  I also caught a 28 inch one on a 6 wgt fly rod.  I had one eat a walleye on me.

We were trolling in a small bay.  My rod tip was acting funny, figured I'd picked some weeds.  I was just getting ready to take it out of the rod holder and the rod bent over double. I set the hook and fought the fish, about 20 feet from the boat the line went slack and when I reeled it in there was a beat up 12 inch walleye caught on the back hook.  From the teeth marks the pike had gotten the walleye into its mouth up to the head.  Another couple of inches and it would have gotten the lure in its mouth and I might have landed it.

• 2 weeks later...