pennfishing82

Inexpensive surf reels

Rate this topic

147 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2021 at 8:19 AM, pennfishing82 said:

I'm not new to the sport by any means. I've been fishing for 30 years. I just got divorced. I'm paying child support, alimony, and rent. On a tight budget

Screw the budget reel.... get yourself a suga-momma QUICK!

Time to start scouring match.com on the daily

5 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Screw the budget reel.... get yourself a suga-momma QUICK!

Time to start scouring match.com on the daily

That is great advice and maybe you can get to use the suga-mama's ex husband's fishing equipment in the interim 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:19 AM, pennfishing82 said:

I'm not new to the sport by any means. I've been fishing for 30 years. I just got divorced. I'm paying child support, alimony, and rent. On a tight budget

Sell your car,,,,,,:headscratch: get a ticket to Australia,,,,,:) tell them you're going to get icecream,,,,,,,,,,,:D

1 hour ago, Danthe said:

Dang man, a little gratitude goes a long way. 

Seriously…OP is asking for advise and shooting people down left and right when they offer it. My advise to OP at this point, figure it out yourself. 

Are you fishing bait, throwing bucktails and plugs...what are you targeting. What rod are you pairing it with? For general surf use without dunking the reel anything with a capacity of 150yds of braid and some kind of a drag will suffice on a budget. Rinse with freshwater and wipe down with WD once in awhile.

29 mins ago, iwantmypie said:

Seriously…OP is asking for advise and shooting people down left and right when they offer it. My advise to OP at this point, figure it out yourself. 

Well, I asked for inexpensive options. People are recommending shimano spheros reels, saragosas, Penn spinfisher. Those are out of my price range. Inexpensive to me is 20 to 75 bucks. So my advice to you is, bite me

4 mins ago, pennfishing82 said:

Well, I asked for inexpensive options. People are recommending shimano spheros reels, saragosas, Penn spinfisher. Those are out of my price range. Inexpensive to me is 20 to 75 bucks. So my advice to you is, bite me

Find a Walmart special and go fishing.

17 mins ago, TheSuperApe said:

Find a Walmart special and go fishing.

Nothing wrong with Walmart stuff. A guy who I used to fish with, bought a 20 dollar spinning combo from Walmart back in 1995. Used it for fluke fishing for 10 years without a problem.

53 mins ago, pennfishing82 said:

A member here made a kind gesture and offered to meet up and give you a reel but you were an ungrateful smartass about. Kick rocks pal.  

1 hour ago, pennfishing82 said:

The $15 reel that someone offered to loan you is garbage but you're looking for a $20 reel that will "last a while"?