New rig suggestions?

liambrouillette

Current surf vehicle is looking like it's nearing the end, a real bummer because I love it. Just wanted to hear some suggestions for its successor. Not interested in a pickup and ideally looking for something that will fit an 11 footer inside. Must have 4 wheel drive obviously. And most likely an older more affordable option, something that can survive lots of long drives and beach driving as well. 

Edited by liambrouillette

I don't beleave so. I have a Jeep Liberty, there roughly the same size, 4 Runner might be a couple of inches bigger. I can get an 7' 6" one piece in my Jeep, that's  but an inch from the rear gate to almost hitting the dash bottom. So I say no 11'footer will fit. Not even a p/u bed will hold an 11'footer with out sticking out. What ever you get in a real 4x4 truck , you will have to go with a  roof rack mount, A 4 Runner and a jeep liberty are about 15' to 16' overall lenght. I would look up 4 runner specs online. or measuer one at a dealer. I mostly use 2 piece rods for that reason. I don't like traveling with my rods in a front rack.

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.