HeyNine-ah

Tactical Angler Clips

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Because the leader is so long and I don’t like the sharp bend it would otherwise make at the tip I bend it around the foot of the reel then go to the guide frame. Some “guys” don’t like to do that because it scratches the paint. 

I have a rubber band doubled up below the reel seat.    I tuck it under the rubber band. Holds it nice and tight.  Definitely not clipping it in the guides 

Run a O-ring up onto the reel seat threads and slip the clip under for transport. No one will ever know it's there except you.

6 mins ago, HKJonathan said:

I zip tie a split onto the reel and clip to that. Here are a couple of example

1A1EE934-3736-4A57-90DA-8C5FCA9CF323.jpeg

D226A1F4-EA21-4BDA-AA50-777F76365515.jpeg

You would :)

lol

Instead of running it up to the guide(if you prefer not to) just take the clip/leader and go under the reel handle, clip to leader. Turn reel handle. It'll seat itself. 

I take it another step further when I'm done and wrap the line/leader around the rod a few times. Then loosen drag until tip.pressure is relieved. It's pretty "clean". Old rodbox trick before rod sleeves were popular in bass fishing that I do out of habit.

I’ve had some fraying issues by attaching the clip to the line. I carry a large Duolock snap on my bag. When not fishing attach the Duolock to the stripper guide and the Alberto snap to the Duolock. If I find myself without a Duolock, I just snap on a bucktail and hook that to the stripper guide. 

On 9/14/2021 at 0:53 PM, AJR said:

Attach it to the line and reel it up to the guide

^^^ This. Weave the line through the clip below the stripper and then reel until the clip is tight to outer part of the stripper's ring. 

Alternatively, if you have a hook keeper, use that. I think the line method is easier as you don't have to work it out of the keeper. On the other hand, you need two hands when detaching from the line, one hand from the keeper (normally). 

Edited by flyangler

On 9/14/2021 at 3:35 PM, shark lobster said:

I never leave a lure on clip it can bang against blank ! I take lure off and reel it up keep drag loose 

I agree.,  what I personally use is a 5" length of mono with a Duo-Loc snap at one end and a swivel at the other. I attach the duo-Loc to the foot of a guide and the swivel to the Alberto clip. Reel in until its taunt.  It is easily removed when you begin fishing. I attach it to the strap of my plug bag so its therte when i need it again.  

good Luck

SB

Edited by Stripedbass50lbs
spelling