vallyp

WTB - JLH Needles

10 posts in this topic

While I have zero intention of ever selling any of mine, you might want to specify which JLH needles you are looking for as he makes several sizes and uses different wood types for different applications.

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, Nevanjn15 said:

C93B3B80-DC9F-493F-B368-31C3B35CCCAF.jpeg

$25 each plus $5 for shipping 

I'll take them both for asking if they come dressed/with hooks. DMing you

5 mins ago, t.lapinski said:

While I have zero intention of ever selling any of mine, you might want to specify which JLH needles you are looking for as he makes several sizes and uses different wood types for different applications.

Funny enough, your posts about JLH needles is what made me want to try them. I'm currently in love with high hooks.

Can you share which ones you prefer?

Edited by vallyp
spelling

Just now, vallyp said:

Funny enough, your posts about JLH needles is what made me want to try them. I'm currently in love with high hooks.

Can you share which ones you prefer?

Sorry for the cop-out answer, but it really depends on the spot. I find that Jay's heavier needles have more swim to them than the lighter ones, but you can coax swim out of the lighter ones depending how you rig them. They all swim best with a single treble on the belly (usually a 4/0 but a 5/0 works on the bigger ones if you need more depth and 3/0 on the smaller/lighter) and a dressed, hookless flag on the back.

13 mins ago, t.lapinski said:

Yes 

out of the ones I have 

I don’t think I’ve seen two of them that are the same