ErikT

Bummer from TackleDirect

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I ordered some stuff early last week and paid extra for expedited shipping. They showed everything in-stock.  I finallty got someone on the phone and they had to order the spool of line from wherever and will expedite my order once they have everything in stock. So basically two weeks to ship 100 miles north. 

very disappointed.  It is what it is and the guy I spoke to was very nice and I understand what happened.  He asked if I wanted to drop the shipping to regular.  I would think maybe they would offer me free shipping since they really didn't explain this on their site.  

I'm bummed.  just needed to spool up some reels to get ready... :( 

TSB-0036-8 Tsunami TSTP5F-223 Yellow R/H 5in 1-3/8oz Talking Popper

TSB-0036-1 Tsunami TSTP5F-101 Elec. Sch. Bus 5in Talking Popper 1-3/8oz

TSB-0138-2 Tsunami TSPSB15-212 Bone White 4.75in Platinum Surface Blast

SEG-0057 Seaguar 30FC50 Fluorocarbon Leader Material 50yds

SUF-0080-3 Sufix 660-220G 832 Braid 20 lb Lo-Vis Green 600yds

Edited by ErikT

If you paid for expedited shipping, the item CLEARLY said IN STOCK. I would of asked to speak the manager, and explain.. if they still wanted to charge you shipping, tell them to cancel the whole order. You can find all those tsunami plugs at a million other places, and braid I’m sure.

Edited by MattieG

Their backend data is somewhat notorious for "in stock" inaccuracies. Amazing place if you visit in person. I think they just have the inventory of an international big box store but run it like a family biz so it's hard to keep track of that many SKUs. 

But yeah I'd think they would work with you on your shipping issue but I've never had to reach out for something like that. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I will call them again next week to see if they are wiling to eat the shipping cost or at least meet me halfway. 

I have been to the store and it is indeed pretty damn nice.  I still get more excited when i walk into Grumpys though... lol that place is pretty sick too 

Anyway, I was just trying to have a quick convenient delivery of some line (which is really what I needed) and the plugs are always just a plus. I'll hand em out to my buddies when i see them and then probably take them back when they start catching fish on em  LMAO 

Peace

3 hours ago, ErikT said:

Thanks for the replies. I will call them again next week to see if they are wiling to eat the shipping cost or at least meet me halfway. 

I have been to the store and it is indeed pretty damn nice.  I still get more excited when i walk into Grumpys though... lol that place is pretty sick too 

Anyway, I was just trying to have a quick convenient delivery of some line (which is really what I needed) and the plugs are always just a plus. I'll hand em out to my buddies when i see them and then probably take them back when they start catching fish on em  LMAO 

Peace

Why didn’t you cancel that order and went somewhere else ?

11 mins ago, levari said:

Exactly. No reason to complain about it online and "ask for the manager" to get free shipping. Especially if the main priority receiving the braid in the next couple days. Cancel and go somewhere else. 

I think Gen Z has a word (or name) for people like that. 

2 hours ago, levari said:

Good question… at this point I’m just waiting. I just had anticipated spending time prepping stuff and I had this week. Targeted to do it. That’s why I paid extra to expedite. When I spoke to the guy he was really nice and explained everything that was going on. So I just appreciated his honesty. What I didn’t appreciate was what I expressed above   

now I guess I'm just accepting it and waiting but that does suck. 

anyway, 

Peace 

It sucks but I've learned over many orders to only use td when it's "stuff" I don't need right away. Hope they right the situation after you contact them 

TW was also going through(as were many) shipping issues but only with standard. Once you paid for expedited...it was at your door as expected. Atleast for myself and anyone I know.

One thing that bothers me in general...TD should eat the shipping costs right upfront. No questions asked initiate refunding you WITHOUT you having to say something...

I agree with you Erik. Grumps rocks and FHeads, plus a few others!

Good luck

14 hours ago, ErikT said:

I ordered some stuff early last week and paid extra for expedited shipping. They showed everything in-stock.  I finallty got someone on the phone and they had to order the spool of line from wherever and will expedite my order once they have everything in stock. So basically two weeks to ship 100 miles north. 

very disappointed.  It is what it is and the guy I spoke to was very nice and I understand what happened.  He asked if I wanted to drop the shipping to regular.  I would think maybe they would offer me free shipping since they really didn't explain this on their site.  

I'm bummed.  just needed to spool up some reels to get ready... :( 

Some place's online inventories aren't totally/ exactly/instantly up-to-date. it may show, "in stock," when there's one to whatever pieces on the shelves. in- person customers might buy the items before your order can be filled...

According to you, they said you're order will be expedited and offered to drop the  "expedited" shipping costs. 

What didn't they explain?

8 hours ago, Phish_Jimmy said:

Exactly. No reason to complain about it online and "ask for the manager" to get free shipping. Especially if the main priority receiving the braid in the next couple days. Cancel and go somewhere else. 

I think Gen Z has a word (or name) for 

8 hours ago, Phish_Jimmy said:

I think Gen Z has a word (or name) for people like that. 

Gen z = Karen's? .... Gen x= *****

I have found it's best to just go to the store when dealing with TD!  Recently I found out that they plan to destroy many acres of Pinelands right at Egg Harbor City lake.  If this happens I will never do business with them again!  Hopefully they find another location for their massive new warehouse!

Tackle Direct is extremely difficult to deal with lately.

Nearly every other order that I've placed has had some sort of issue, inventory, shipping, damaged or questionably used items arriving.

That being said, they have always made it right. Usually without much hassle, but it's getting worse, not better.

The one thing that really ticks me off is that they do not check the order comments. Every order I place needs to be followed up with an email or phone call to make sure it's handled properly.

Something as simple as "Do not ship FedEx, because it won't arrive" needs to be called in and checked on 4 times throughout the day because they all work remote from the warehouse.

I've been doing a lot more shopping locally, and it might cost a little more, but it's just easier and better for everyone.

I've been looking at a new tsunami rod that shows 10 in stock but upon closer examination the model is different. In a very competitive market they have to set the hook and deal with the fight later.

Doesn’t make things better, but as of late they’re not the only retailer this happens with. Like a few others say, it’s better to find stuff locally, if you can!!….. one guy who used to be near me, now outta business (surprise surprise)… used to tell me to come back in two weeks. He was ordering online too, lol. 

I think it’s best to get stuff whatever way you can get it without blowing your stack. Stay with the ones who are at least “mostly” accurate, accommodating, and courteous at the same time. The emphasis being on “mostly”.  None are perfect. Never hurts a retailer if they have better prices than competitors, but don’t expect me to be so stupid as to ignore their shipping prices are 3 times what others charge. Also, fixed price shipping rates based on dollar values, not on what your order weighs or what it really costs to ship is plain lazy.