Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Sept 13 - Sept 20

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, cab395 said:

Fished for about an hour before work this morning and managed one spunky short.  Haven’t been able to find any sizeable fish lately. Anyone getting into bass with some size?

Yes

12 hours ago, cab395 said:

Fished for about an hour before work this morning and managed one spunky short.  Haven’t been able to find any sizeable fish lately. Anyone getting into bass with some size?

With the full moon (including the days just before and just after) there should be a sizeable movement of fish. 

Just a matter of being out actively fishing in the right location and stage of tide as they set up in positions where the bait comes to or gets swept to them.

Large fish will typically ezert less effort and energy for there meals, they tend to let the tides and movement of water sweep their meals to them, which is why it really pays off to know a spot well and when it sets up and produces best.

More effort may be spent on a larger meal, just a matter of how much effort and the size of the meal

Some fish around here and there but generally inconsistent fishing all weekend. Still some bait around but not as much as a few weeks ago for sure. 

Windy and big surf Saturday, too dangerous to be out on the rocks in most spots where I was. Saw way too many guys in sneakers walking down to the water edge to toss bait, kids on the rocks, etc. 

Didn’t see many fish myself only one nice size bonito today by young angler fishing near me. Stripers where feeding on the bulk of bait balls.8053A22D-5BB2-4130-8532-3322AA1999CA.jpeg.103a01cc21b359aa0097f2ae41cc171f.jpeg 

Fished for about 2 hours this evening. No luck. Wonder if those guys chasing bluefin did any better. Counted about 23-24 boats clustered around one spot. After that ship passed by two or three boats quickly left the spot. Wonder what they were thinking or knew. 

B415CD09-7C25-4903-ABBD-512A800DC49C.jpeg

77D965AD-F50C-4ACE-9399-E494E685ABB1.jpeg

Let's close the book on this report cycle, its been miserable for me. Two snapper blues and one albie hit all day today. Albies up and down so fast and small pods.

Hoping it gets better soon.