curran

I am wicked happy to show off one of the best fishes I've caught in my life

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Great job!  Now thay you know there are fish in a certain spot at a cetain tide, you should go back as soon as possible and try to catch some on artificials.

Nice job kiddo!  Not much more to say based on all of the former feedback from the sharpies -tons of great advice.  But I will add this: Send some of those fish south!  We're patiently waiting in NJ!  Good luck!

nice job kid, love the passion. if you want to catch bigger ones make sure to take good care of the little ones so they can grow up to be big ones. Especially important with warm air temperatures this time of year to keep the fish out of water as little as possible.

14 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

BTW, as a new member you owe us a joke.     :D

Welcome to the site.

I'm not the best with jokes, but I do have a funny story; 

a little while ago I caught a fish right off the beach where my family was staying. It was (unknown to me at the time) a snapper blue. He spit the hook and fell into the rocks, so I went to pick him up. This was a blunder as he bit right on the palm of my hand. I chucked him into the water, and was gifted a nice circular scar as a parting gift.

34 mins ago, ranger9 said:

nice job kid, love the passion. if you want to catch bigger ones make sure to take good care of the little ones so they can grow up to be big ones. Especially important with warm air temperatures this time of year to keep the fish out of water as little as possible.

For sure, all fish I catch I always release. I know the striper fishery hasn't been doing well (From what I have read) so I try and release ASAP. I'm hoping the numbers get better, but only time will tell.

2 hours ago, MikeK said:

Great job!  Now thay you know there are fish in a certain spot at a cetain tide, you should go back as soon as possible and try to catch some on artificials.

I never thought about that, but it makes so much sense. I am going to try this out sometime soon. 

15 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Congrats, don't limit yourself  to one species, plenty of fish in the sea, and lakes, rivers, streams, canals. etc. And boats are for having a place to take a date, after all, who wants to fish from a boat, its almost cheating.

Newburyport gonna be under attack tomorrow.

BTW, you do look pleased.

I completely get what you are saying, and I agree with it. I like to tell my friends 'Where there is water, I will fish it'. I also like the take on a boat, I might try and kayak instead. It's my goal to try and jig in the ocean because I really want to catch mackerel. 

On 9/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, curran said:

I don't own a boat, (Its my goal to someday) so I am limited to surfcasting. I went up to Newburyport with my friend and father and had a blast catching them in the surf. I waded up to my chest at times and it payed off. We used clams that we bought from Surfland. I know that it is a common thing to not give away spots, so hopefully these photos aren't too bad. 

These are probably the biggest fish I've caught, and I hopefully and keep catching bigger ones. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Congrats,keep it up!

HH

20 hours ago, curran said:

I never thought about that, but it makes so much sense. I am going to try this out sometime soon. 

A good starter kit for artificials that are relatively easy to use and can be purchased relatively cheaply is:

Bomber A-salt

Sp minnow

Yozuri mag darter 5 inch

Rebel jumping minnow (bone)

Storm chug bug (silver, white or yellow)

Hopkins Shorty with bucktail

Krockodile

Castmaster with tube siwash

Storm swimshad in peanut bunker (3 to 5 inch).

Assumimg you are only fishing daylight hours, I would pick colors like white, yellow, schoolbus, blue or black over silver.  If you are able to fish at night, which is the best time, add a black or blurple version of the first 3 plugs.

Good luck, keep on catching and having fun.