Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inception

WE2 Flooding

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GarbageFish said:

318 views... I bet quite a few lurkers will be over there following the mosquito spotburn.

Hopefully that and the lack of  decent fish are enough to keep any sane person out of there.

3 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

318 views... I bet quite a few lurkers will be over there following the mosquito spotburn

Anytime I see a moan and groan about WE or even Jones in general, it's a dead ringer for folks that lack spots and other options.

None of my "insane"  "remarkable"   "memorable"  outings have WE or Jones in the same sentence.

Full of bucket brigades  and 150 SUB YouTube sensations if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Anytime I see a moan and groan about WE or even Jones in general, it's a dead ringer for folks that lack spots and other options.

None of my "insane"  "remarkable"   "memorable"  outings have WE or Jones in the same sentence.

Full of bucket brigades  and 150 SUB YouTube sensations if you ask me. 

It's certainly not Montauk or CCC but it's a spot that can produce if you put your time into learning it. Not going to outright burn the spot with the things that you can catch there but there have been nights where I've had some very memorable catches. Even during the day lots of great eating fish caught. In Long Island, the bucket brigade and sub 150 YouTubers are inevitable unless you have access to private beaches on the north shore or have 4WD access but I don't have those liberties so I take time to learn spots that are convenient for me and so do a lot of people that fish WE2. If you're strictly a bass guy then WE2 is not going to be the first place that comes up but if you do target a variety of species then WE2 might be one of the better places on the island for that.

Jones Beach has always brought out their big Tonka Toys when needed to drain areas around the central mall area so News12 could film it …….

yet West End is flooded and they don’t respond….

same ole same ole sad

11 hours ago, Inception said:

It's certainly not Montauk or CCC but it's a spot that can produce if you put your time into learning it. Not going to outright burn the spot with the things that you can catch there but there have been nights where I've had some very memorable catches. Even during the day lots of great eating fish caught. In Long Island, the bucket brigade and sub 150 YouTubers are inevitable unless you have access to private beaches on the north shore or have 4WD access but I don't have those liberties so I take time to learn spots that are convenient for me and so do a lot of people that fish WE2. If you're strictly a bass guy then WE2 is not going to be the first place that comes up but if you do target a variety of species then WE2 might be one of the better places on the island for that.

Post pandemic it's an amateur "chit" show and I gladly drive an hour plus away from it because it is far from "great".

(Nothing wrong with being an amateur btw... until you tangle my line 15 times and I have to stop fishing to pull you out of the rocks for wearing flip flops on the jetty )

Hard to discern "great eating fish" when the people there keep EVERYTHING!!!!!!  .... Delicious Bergalls anyone?

2 weeks ago got so mad there, wore my favorite hoodie to protect from the skeeters for walk and was effective but while fishing got hot so laid it on a log not far from me.  beach worker driving truck on sand picking up trash drives right past me, sees wet hoodie drying out on piece of wood and throws it in trash in back of truck and leaves.  too far away for me to chase down, i'm still mad plus caught nothing and got murdered with bites on walk back.  even my wife liked wearing that hoodie and is mad

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, DeepBlue85 said:

I'm sure the bucket crew will pick that clean too

Phuking tired of watching them decimate every species without a bag limit... **** buckets and garbage bags full of 6 inch Northern Kingfish to stock the freezer until December rolls around to do the same with Herring.

On nice sunny days, I take a quick stroll by a local spot to smell the salt and catch some rays and EVERYDAY in the middle of the day ...lot is full of cars slaughtering Northern Kings.

Why work... you can live off the ocean for free...

Edited by baldadonis2002