weatherguy777

Diawa Lexa Handle Help

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Help Please

Which size/ model Diawa paddle handle would I go with to replace the power handle on my Diawa Lexa HD 300? The power handle is great when jigging and it works fine for casting but I think the paddle handle would be better for constant plugging. I just got the reel and am a newbie at low-profile baitcasters. Man I think I am addicted. Been a spin guy all my life.

Thanks

Lee

Edited by weatherguy777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with the gomexus double handles... I think i may be lucky as I can't find the slightly shorter heavier gauge one anymore... But the standard gauge one is perfectly fine. 

The tpe knobs are far more comfortable than stock and the whole package looks better overall... With the performance bonus of added length and balance. 

Great for plugging and working big spooks with the reel vs rod tip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replaced the power handle on the newest Lexa 300hd model recently with a factory paddle handle. It was a nice handle. The knobs on the handle were ok. They’re round. And not of the septon style. If that’s what you like that could work for you. It really depends on what fits your fingers and hands the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good. Lots of people seem to like the gomexus handle. I’m curious about how it’s going to hold up in the salt for you. 
 

Found a picture of the Daiwa factory paddle handle I added to that Lexa 300hd I had. Only posting it for future reference for anyone else that might be interested in getting a paddle handle. 

5F965382-B64F-40F1-960C-216BB429B426.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, weatherguy777 said:

Help Please

Which size/ model Diawa paddle handle would I go with to replace the power handle on my Diawa Lexa HD 300? The power handle is great when jigging and it works fine for casting but I think the paddle handle would be better for constant plugging. I just got the reel and am a newbie at low-profile baitcasters. Man I think I am addicted. Been a spin guy all my life.

Thanks

Lee

Maybe it's just me but every real that I bought will double battle handle that was of size 300 is smaller I like the 400 but I hated a double paddle handle on especially when fighting with a fish and I hear issue you get no to work out of it it's like trying to jack up a car with a hydraulic jack and using a 6 inch long handle.

As I said I could just be me but, you'll find out if you like it when a fish hits and you fight with it.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

Maybe it's just me but every real that I bought will double battle handle that was of size 300 is smaller I like the 400 but I hated a double paddle handle on especially when fighting with a fish and I hear issue you get no to work out of it it's like trying to jack up a car with a hydraulic jack and using a 6 inch long handle.

As I said I could just be me but, you'll find out if you like it when a fish hits and you fight with it.

HH

The doubles they offer are in many cases longer than the factory lengths measured from the hub 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The doubles they offer are in many cases longer than the factory lengths measured from the hub 

Yes you are correct on a small real like the 300 yeah I see it working but I have a couple of Omoto chief Xtremes that are about the size of a 300 Lexa and they work well with that cuz they are longer but on a 7,000 size no way not for me anyway.

 

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

Yes you are correct on a small real like the 300 yeah I see it working but I have a couple of Omoto chief Xtremes that are about the size of a 300 Lexa and they work well with that cuz they are longer but on a 7,000 size no way not for me anyway.

 

HH

Even the 120 mm handle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Even the 120 mm handle? 

It measures 5 in inches from pin to pin,it totally sucks on a 7000 series reel to me esp fighting a fish in solid current dug down.

The chief Xtremes I have are the 631 which are about the size of a Calcutta 400.

 

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, weatherguy777 said:

Help Please

Which size/ model Diawa paddle handle would I go with to replace the power handle on my Diawa Lexa HD 300? The power handle is great when jigging and it works fine for casting but I think the paddle handle would be better for constant plugging. I just got the reel and am a newbie at low-profile baitcasters. Man I think I am addicted. Been a spin guy all my life.

Thanks

Lee

Just fyi,metal knobs will freeze your fingers in cold weather.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.