Mdbasser

"Land of little rivers"

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for this. I haven’t fished with Rachel for years now. I still laugh at her hanging her butt off the back of a flats boat peeing.  Jerry is a dear friend as well. I have to get back to Wilmington and the HT. Great times up there and the Bahamas.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It was good. I'm not a fly fisherman. I have always been fascinated by fly fishing and tying flies. I was up early yesterday and this morning. Turned it on yesterday and finished this morning. Looking for trips for grandsons. Might have to consider the Catskills.

Edited by Mdbasser

Just watched today. Really enjoyed the movie.  I miss trout fishing and streams; Catskills area is definitely on the bucket list. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

After that vid I purchased the book , the books photos are breathtaking after 50+ years I gave up chasing stripers and fish there every weekend 

45275426-5EBF-417B-940D-F30F72A1DE2F.jpeg.f8f7a9a0c00652a940cc95799be144ab.jpeg

Edited by Hook I

I formerly lived 1 hour away from the Catskills. There are thousands of fairytale landscapes, and a multitude of warm (outstanding for a number of species) and cold water streams.

I never, ever tired of the view. A previous poster stated he gave up stripers for trout. Maybe 20 years ago I would have disagreed. Now I basically have, there is a special quality to trout fishing in streams that I never become bored with.