jolly mon

Disappointed by FEDERAL ammo

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Two weeks ago I saw that they had finally in stock there new PUNCH 22LR Personal Defense 29gr. ammo , I checked a few online distributors and shop's and none had any so I ordered 4 boxes , It was 10.99 a box so for a premium grade of ammo I found that to be responsible , I came today via UPS and your UPS guy is good about bringing to the door and ringing the door bell , So I get it , open up the box and the ammo is in the bottom of the box with packing paper on top , Nothing to the sides or bottom ,

Three of the four boxes are busted and or cracked , Will needless to say I was disappointed , So I called UPS and actually got a person on the line and wasn't on hold for ever , I told her about the damage and she asked what condition was the shipping box in , Was it damaged and as far as I could tell it wasn't , She said in that case contact the supplier you got it from because if the box had no damage than they didn't pack it well and that is not a UPS problem and that won't process a claim for it , So I sent a email to Federal and I'm waiting to see how they handle it , If I even get a response at all .

Edited by jolly mon

What do you expect them to do for you if you got all of the ammo?  Reimburse you for the cost of the cardboard box?

Did you buy the ammo from Federal or from a wholesaler? My guess would be from a wholesaler as I believe Federal can't sell directly to the public. Whoever sold it to you should be responsible for damages.

58 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Did you buy the ammo from Federal or from a wholesaler? My guess would be from a wholesaler as I believe Federal can't sell directly to the public. Whoever sold it to you should be responsible for damages.

l don't know about Federal but CCI and Norma will sell to you, l just bought a brick Tac-22 from Norma.

3 mins ago, LB said:

l don't know about Federal but CCI and Norma will sell to you, l just bought a brick Tac-22 from Norma.

I didn't know you could buy ammunition directly from the manufacturer.

2 hours ago, jolly mon said:

She said in that case contact the supplier you got it from because if the box had no damage than they didn't pack it well and that is not a UPS problem and that won't process a claim for it , So I sent a email to Federal and I'm waiting to see how they handle it , If I even get a response at all .

This happened to some one l know ammo loose in shipping carton mid range price ammo, might as well buy bulk ammo.

17 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Some have a website that they do sell on , Federal is one of those 

1 hour ago, Kima said:

What do you expect them to do for you if you got all of the ammo?  Reimburse you for the cost of the cardboard box?

The box is plastic and it shattered. 

Normally I'd just say okay I'll shoot it anyway,  but I was going to give it to a friend that only has a 22 for a Defense handgun so it doesn't sit well with me to give busted up boxes of ammo as a gift. 

1, I'm hoping that they set a better standard to packing. 

2, It would be nice if they replaced it and give me a UPS pick up label to ship it back. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, Bass Ackwards said:

Yes, most definitely.  I'm sorry to hear of the OP's experience however I've had numerous good buys (simple website and order process) from Federal with both #4 12 Gauge and 44 Mag.

Sounds like a single employee said *** it and didn't do their job.

Edit...I should add my purchases were full bricks.  Boxes were tight with product already so YMMV

Edited by mako20ft

On 9/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Bass Ackwards said:

many ammo makers and even component manufacturers have recently gone direct to consumer

I received a email apologizing for the damage and asked if I could send some pictures and I did,  they are sending replacements. They agreed that it wasn't packed properly and are taking steps so that it hopefully won't happen again. 

Well Done Federal 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, Bass Ackwards said:

That's the only way I buy it nowadays.

It happens. Glad they're working with you.  

Now if we can get Federal to make 20ga Buckshot with a FliteControl wad! I've been asking them for too too long! 

18 hours ago, NonTypical said:

It’s too bad that they won’t ship to NY, and not even to my FFL. 

One of hundreds of reasons why I'm a former New Yorker .