JerseyJeb

Low profile tackle bag for sit inside kayak ?

13 posts in this topic

So what I am looking for might not even exist but has anyone ever seen a tackle bag made for going in between your legs in a sit inside kayak ? Nice to have features but not necessary would be a hard bottom (easy clean / reduce sogginess) and that it floats. Doesn't even need to hold tackle trays, just the essentials for freshwater and back bay fishing (no need to hold big plugs). I know some people will just say use a tackle tray but needs to hold various size items like pliers, knife, bait, camera, etc. Also most big brand sporting goods stores usually have a $15 cheap mini duffel but I am looking to maximize cockpit space and something of the correct size would go a long way.

Almost any bag or Plano case could fit in the cockpit if you don’t mind sharing. The dashboard area worked for me.

32D443F8-519D-4B03-8EBF-86D0D618E7FB.jpeg

4 hours ago, cheech said:

Almost any bag or Plano case could fit in the cockpit if you don’t mind sharing. The dashboard area worked for me.

32D443F8-519D-4B03-8EBF-86D0D618E7FB.jpeg

Putting a bag on the dashboard could work as an alternative, only trouble would be finding a way to tether it. Part of the reason I was looking for such a bag is so you could use it on any kayak, even one not rigged for fishing.

I lean towards small planos, and a PDF with lots of pockets. If you bring leader spools put them on a rope loop with a piece of pool noodle.

For bait I like one of these neoprene lunch bags, only a few bucks, with some ice can keep a few bunker, or whatever. I even used it for shrimp and my keeper mangrove snappers in FL.

cs3188-tr.jpg

Thanks for the ideas guys. I was hoping to have a single bag to fit everything in but it seems like it is better to spread everything out. (have tools in PFD, small storage between legs, small storage on console, stash stuff you infrequently need forward in the bow, etc).

Plano 3600 works for me...

comes with 2 3650 boxes with room for a 3rd. I have a small box of crank baits on one end plastic on the other. pliers and grabber in the front...C25D9A29-B115-49B9-A116-28D2A267A0F4.jpeg.c20ae74c85ba72b68977878126c85a6c.jpeg

I’m rocking a sot but I can imagine getting this into a sik 

I use a canvas shopping bag ad drop it in the front hatch. Stops stuff from rolling around below deck. Also makes transporting gear to truck easier. Also easier to retrieve gear on water.

I have a soft small Plano bag similar to the one the guy posted above but mine is smaller. Fits 3 small Plano boxes, has the side pockets too. Fits between my legs in my  Old Town sit-in kayak no problem. 

I've been using this harbor freight bag lately for fresh water. It fits little planos of all sorts and pliers and a water bottle ect.

I just put it in front of me.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 1.02.27 PM.png