cab395

Reliable tide chart source for Rhode Island?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I recently moved to the area and I'm glad I did because you all have bass! I've surfcasted my entire life but it has been extra productive and a lot of fun here. I love the different types and amount of shoreline available here. 

Anyway, I'm realizing the source for tides I am using is not very accurate for this area. I was hoping some of you would be willing to share which resources you have found to be accurate in this area.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

I use "US harbors" or saltwater tides.com. With a little bit of clicking here and there on their websites, you can print monthly charts for the whole month. Much easier to use than the "Graph" type charts

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you have an iPhone, “tide charts” is a good app.  You can pick your station off a map or just select the nearest to you.  It does a really nice job with tidal cycles that are non symmetrical like the second image from a few weeks ago, compared to Wednesday.

2A588B00-96F1-402F-80DA-6284D63DE17D.png

3EBB80DD-DE5F-4447-A9A8-EF0FBE614D4E.png

Edited by Fitzy

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's a small state but tide times vary quite a bit in different locations, but I've found US Harbors website pretty accurate. You can search for each town.

Edited by Gecko_13