hhager23

Century Weapon now available in 9' & 11'

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, hhager23 said:

Does anybody know anything about these? I have a Weapon Jr. that is one of my favorite rods so these sound promising. 

We have 3 new blanks coming out, 8'6" Weapon Jr 70/30split 3/8-2oz

9' and 11' Weapon,  both rated 3/4-4, 60/40 split. 

We will have them available to test cast at our Oct 10 Demo in SeaSide Heights at Sunset Beach Park.

The Weapons both have a parallel butt with gear box design as well as textreme and graphine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFMike said:

We have 3 new blanks coming out, 8'6" Weapon Jr 70/30split 3/8-2oz

9' and 11' Weapon,  both rated 3/4-4, 60/40 split. 

We will have them available to test cast at our Oct 10 Demo in SeaSide Heights at Sunset Beach Park.

The Weapons both have a parallel butt with gear box design as well as textreme and graphine.

Mike, could you tell me how the wepon is compared to the slingshot

I have 3 slingshots 1265 ,i think 1208 and 9 1/2. I always forget the number

 But anyway. 

How is the 11 wepon for light plugging needles and sp, bombers

 And feel casting ect.

Thanks,  interested in maybe buying 9 or 11 

Oh ya how do they cast compared to Ss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Mike, could you tell me how the wepon is compared to the slingshot

I have 3 slingshots 1265 ,i think 1208 and 9 1/2. I always forget the number

 But anyway. 

How is the 11 wepon for light plugging needles and sp, bombers

 And feel casting ect.

Thanks,  interested in maybe buying 9 or 11 

Oh ya how do they cast compared to Ss

The Sling Shot is a faster action blank with a traditional taper.  

The 9' and 11' have parallel butt sections, there is no taper. This transfers and releases the energy of your cast more efficiently.  

They throw their range very well.

Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understood the 9' weapon to be 1/2- 4 and 30/70 split. Can you confirm? I'm interested in how it would throw the lower 1/2- 2 1/2 range. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFMike said:

The Sling Shot is a faster action blank with a traditional taper.  

The 9' and 11' have parallel butt sections, there is no taper. This transfers and releases the energy of your cast more efficiently.  

They throw their range very well.

Where are you located?

Cape cod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hhager23 said:

I understood the 9' weapon to be 1/2- 4 and 30/70 split. Can you confirm? I'm interested in how it would throw the lower 1/2- 2 1/2 range. Thanks. 

 

19 hours ago, Mbrody said:

Mike , will the 9’ feel like the 7’ in action/tip and bend? Love my 7’

The 9 and 11 are truly both  3/4-4 rods but they will both throw a 1/2oz in a pinch.  They will crush the 3/4-2 1/2oz range.

 

Yes the action is very similar to the 7''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, AFMike said:

The Sling Shot is a faster action blank with a traditional taper.  

The 9' and 11' have parallel butt sections, there is no taper. This transfers and releases the energy of your cast more efficiently.  

They throw their range very well.

Where are you located?

I’ve had a couple of the 1145’s and absolutely love that rod. Not familiar with the parallel butt sections part of this rod. Can you elaborate a little on the benefits of this design, Mike? When you say there is no taper, does it make this blank a more moderate action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2021 at 7:51 PM, hhager23 said:

I understood the 9' weapon to be 1/2- 4 and 30/70 split. Can you confirm? I'm interested in how it would throw the lower 1/2- 2 1/2 range. Thanks. 

Yes, 9' is 70/30 split 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Mack26 said:

I’ve had a couple of the 1145’s and absolutely love that rod. Not familiar with the parallel butt sections part of this rod. Can you elaborate a little on the benefits of this design, Mike? When you say there is no taper, does it make this blank a more moderate action?

Parallel butt is generally a European thing. It means the butt section has no taper. The diameter is the same throughout the whole length of the butt. It has what we call Gear Box design.  This means while the exterior of the butt section is parallel the interior of the blank actually has varying tapers.  This stores and releases the energy of the cast more efficiently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mike, I have  lami xra 1322  spinning 1 pc nice for 2 to 3

What rod has a sweet spot 2 to 3 oz more towards 2.5 to 3 oz that century makes.

 

I have century 1145.     1265 and 1208

Im looking for an amazing needle rod

Love my 1145 and 1265.  The 1208 i use at canal for lager plugs. Might be to heavy to walk all night on sand and toss light stuff

 

One other thing wish they would make 1 pc rods, had the 1265 glued when built

 These 2 rods are hard to beat on the surf

 

Thanks for you're time

Edited by bassmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.