Themavis

Saragosa vs Slammer 4dx

Rate this topic

Saragosa vs Slammer 4 DX   7 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you pick exclusively for SURF fishing? (EXPLAIN WHY IN THE COMMENTS)

• Saragosa SW A
    • Slammer 4 DX

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble deciding between these two. The Saragosa is tried and true and Scoob said in his video (slammer 3 vs gosa) that he would still pick the gosa for surf fishing over the slammer 3 but I couldn't really understand why after he gave so much praise to the slammer 3. Now with the slammer 4 dx coming I just can't decide. I don't care which side your on or if your a fanboy I still want to hear opinions.

11 hours ago, Themavis said:

The Saragosa is tried and true and Scoob said in his video (slammer 3 vs gosa) that he would still pick the gosa for surf fishing over the slammer 3 but I couldn't really understand why after he gave so much praise to the slammer 3. 

In his comparison video, you can clearly see that the Gosa has a true rubber seal around the spool shaft whereas the Slammer III uses a metal labyrinth with a just hydrophobic coating…. not a true seal.  Until I see definitively how Penn has improved the sealing around the spool shaft, I’d have to give the nod to the Gosa.

32 mins ago, RedGreen said:

Slammer IV supposedly had an additional rubber seal added analogous to the saragosa's pinion seal. 

I really hope that’s the case.  All I’ve read so far is that it has “improved” sealing at the pinion/spool shaft.  Waiting on confirmation of that once the reels are actually released and out in the wild…  fingers crossed!

25 mins ago, Water Dog said:

I really hope that’s the case.  All I’ve read so far is that it has “improved” sealing at the pinion/spool shaft.  Waiting on confirmation of that once the reels are actually released and out in the wild…  fingers crossed!

Yup.