TheLuckyStrike

Footwear for rock hopping upgrade

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Well it’s been a lot of years of fishing/rock hopping/skishing and I think I’m onto something. Today’s Korkers are way to heavy and clunky IMO. And if u fall off a rock or have to swim to one they tire ur ass out quick.  Skishing has a whole other set of challenges the masses aren’t interested in. So I’m messing around with a project. An in between the both ways of fishing. Gripping on rocks key but also have the ability to swim if needed without feeling like u have dumbbells attached to ur feet. So far 2 test runs on some crazy sketchy rocks and these are blowing me away compared to other things I’ve used in the past . Still have a couple modifications but I’m close. Check these out. Super lightweight and they don’t come off in a swim either.

7BA66EFE-0DEF-468B-B4AE-548314C33173.jpeg

44BC75B0-0CE6-4DB9-89B8-8D83E15CAFC8.jpeg

ADAA468A-CE42-494E-AED5-B0FE71E10FCB.jpeg

7 mins ago, TheLuckyStrike said:

Well it’s been a lot of years of fishing/rock hopping/skishing and I think I’m onto something. Today’s Korkers are way to heavy and clunky IMO. And if u fall off a rock or have to swim to one they tire ur ass out quick.  Skishing has a whole other set of challenges the masses aren’t interested in. So I’m messing around with a project. An in between the both ways of fishing. Gripping on rocks key but also have the ability to swim if needed without feeling like u have dumbbells attached to ur feet. So far 2 test runs on some crazy sketchy rocks and these are blowing me away compared to other things I’ve used in the past . Still have a couple modifications but I’m close. Check these out. Super lightweight and they don’t come off in a swim either.

7BA66EFE-0DEF-468B-B4AE-548314C33173.jpeg

44BC75B0-0CE6-4DB9-89B8-8D83E15CAFC8.jpeg

ADAA468A-CE42-494E-AED5-B0FE71E10FCB.jpeg

What spikes are u using? 

There are some features about this water shoe that I like. The bottom is really stout and thick so they lock in really well. They also don’t come through the other side of insole. I changed laces set up to waxed cord so there’s no stretch. They seem to stay tight as u want without coming loose. There’s an ankle loop on the back so I might add a something to go around the ankle. Not sure yet. These will get the worked hard in 2 weeks when I go to Block island. 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:11 PM, TheLuckyStrike said:

There are some features about this water shoe that I like. The bottom is really stout and thick so they lock in really well. They also don’t come through the other side of insole. I changed laces set up to waxed cord so there’s no stretch. They seem to stay tight as u want without coming loose. There’s an ankle loop on the back so I might add a something to go around the ankle. Not sure yet. These will get the worked hard in 2 weeks when I go to Block island. 

Pretty neat work there, what is the brand of the water shoe?

Kold Kutter ice screws. Used for motorcycle ice racing. Great for salt and freshwater. I no longer use felt soles for trout fishing. 

The shoes I made are great for us here with jetty rocks. They sucked for Boulder land in Block island unfortunately. That required a more rigid structure around the foot ….korkers