WorcBoy

DOGFEST2021

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I know a lot of members are dog people, just wanted to pass this along. 

Moderators if this is not allowed please move.

CANINE COMPANIONS DOGFEST 2021

POLAR PARK WORCESTER  

SEPTEMBER 19th 11am-3pm

About DogFest

DogFest supports the mission of Canine Companions® to enhance the lives of people with disabilities by providing expertly trained service dogs, free of charge. These service dogs make a profound impact through the jobs they do like opening doors, picking up dropped items, alerting to sounds and much more.

Our dogs love us endlessly, and the human-canine bond is powerful! Whether as service dogs, working dogs or pet dogs, there are countless tales of our best friends doing amazing things. We invite you to join the fun at your local DogFest or participate virtually as we celebrate the incredible joy dogs bring to our lives. Registration is free. 

Why We Fundraise

Canine Companions transforms the lives of people with disabilities by providing expertly trained service dogs. Our dogs perform practical tasks that enhance independence and reduce reliance on others. They aren’t just the eyes and ears, hands and legs of their human partners, they’re also goodwill ambassadors and often, our best friends. A student achieves their dreams of attending college. A veteran gets a good night sleep. A patient can endure an additional procedure. Lives are transformed after being matched and working with a Canine Companions service dog.

According to the U.S. Census, nearly 1 in 4 people in the U.S. have a disability. While it costs approximately $50,000 to raise and train every Canine Companions service dog and provide ongoing support to the human-canine team, each dog is provided to the recipient completely FREE of charge. Canine Companions has placed over 6,600 service dogs, but more than 400 people with disabilities are still waiting for a match.

Our service dogs open up new opportunities and spread incredible joy. 

29 mins ago, bob_G said:

You and your wife are my heroes WorcBoy. :theman:

It is not me.... Kate deserves 100% of the credit. 

You have to meet Dozer. 

42 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Spectrum News was at the house this morning interviewing Kate and Dozer lol about being a puppy raiser and DogFest. 

Who was more difficult to housebreak, you or Dozer?

23 hours ago, bob_G said:

Worcboy,

I just saw Kate and Dozer on channel 25! So cool, congrats.:clap:

Where were you, at the Coney Island stand filling your face? 

LOL

I was staying out of camera view. The day went great. She was also on the 10pm broadcast. 

No Coney Island, I was disappointed.