jetty eddy

current albie status.

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Any albie reports? The water is warming up again but it is still a little stained. I haven't seen much bait or bird action in smco lately.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Saw them Friday but not since Water is stained plenty of bait out there, spearing and rainfish occasionally mullet and peanuts Best beach fluking this season, can get a limit in an hour, currently plenty of resident bass around, should see first wave of migratory bass next week. No Albies Bones or Spanish 

Edited by suntzu

Went out early today in OC, looking for albies….  Small bait in wash, ocean looked like a lake, perfect morning only a few blues caught and a long walk.

Its quieted down quite a bit after a fast and early start. Most of my logs have albis showing themselves mid sept. Fact they were up and down coast in final week of august was wild. But its been like somebody hit the off switch. 

Edited by joefishnj21

It was mid September when they would show pretty good for two years. We got teased this year with that one week madness. But weather like what is about to come I have gotten them. Nasty rain, churning waves and you would actually see them at times and I have hooked up in that weather a few times. The difference this year is we just had a ton of water dumped and that runoff is always bad news and this past storm was just ridiculous of how much water was dumped throwing all that dirt in the ocean. Its still early and we have plenty of time to hit them. Remember that last hurricane that past out in the ocean? This one may bring them in again. Gotta just keep that line in the water. Now is the time anything can happen.

MIA... maybe another week see a push of them? If they show up it is usually end of Sept. Although I don't have too high of hopes. Up north has been pretty spotty for them. Also the past two years they never really showed up during the fall in North Jersey. Not like they did years prior.  

Edited by cec127

The weather from Friday on out looks promising.  If they don't show by Tuesday or Wednesday next week then I think it'll be a repeat of the last two years unfortunately.

15 mins ago, ridenfish said:

The weather from Friday on out looks promising.  If they don't show by Tuesday or Wednesday next week then I think it'll be a repeat of the last two years unfortunately.

YOU MOTHERFER...... DONT SAY THAT..... DONT SAY THAT!!!!

I told a friend that it was over after the first good push inshore that lasted like two days.  That was maybe three weeks ago now?? 

I am sticking with this outlook...

1 min ago, 27conch said:

I told a friend that it was over after the first good push inshore that lasted like two days.  That was maybe three weeks ago now?? 

I am sticking with this outlook...

I hope you’re wrong. But glad I got in on it when it happened. 

5 mins ago, Goldy said:

YOU MOTHERFER...... DONT SAY THAT..... DONT SAY THAT!!!!

:point:

7 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I hope you’re wrong. But glad I got in on it when it happened. 

:point:

You got lucky. I was there!!!

amazing you can catch giant bluefin tuna 4 miles out now.  No albies.   One problem i need a boat for option 1. 

Was in Nantucket last week, they're still there in force, so unless they take the offshore route south we should get another shot at them

Edited by Sudsy