Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ged

Is Gun Broker Real?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

So I am not a “gun guy”, although when I walk past 2 safes on my way out of my bedroom I realize I am turning into one. Until very recently I had more muzzle loaders than shot guns or rifles, but that has changed.

I have been browsing for a rifle for NH/ME/PA and looked at some guns on GB. Prices seemed high, but “supply and demand”…

Well, I decided to look through my supplies and figure out what I should get before the season and blackhorn 209 and 209 shot gun primers is what I need. Then I see this:

20oz (2 10oz blackhorn 209 bottles) that are usually $50 each. Can this be real?

PS - Like many people, I am looking for 209 SG primers. This is for muzzle loader hunting so 100pieces lasts a few seasons in different states. 

A42C69DC-A3E8-4FA0-860F-EECDDC9DD458.png

Supply and demand. If 2 people want the same item, it all depends on just how bad they want it. I’ve seen some stuff sell for ridiculous prices on there. I’ve also scored on some ammo that was a steal. Some people don’t have any self control, and probably have been known to have an adult beverage or 2 while browsing GB. Lol

This was Cabela’s BP section Friday night. The only thing they didn’t have was 209 primers. 

D3CE138C-1D71-4461-8088-290727C72B3A.jpeg

I guess I don’t understand the urgency to spend $500 more than retail for 20oz of black power substitute in July. 

It seems whenever a search sends me to GB the prices seem way too high. 

Ammo prices on gun broker have gotten crazier and crazier as covid times roll on.

Example, one of the area's I hunt is shotgun only and last fall I realized I only had 1 box of hornady sst sabots.

I bought 5 boxes off GB for around 18 a box. The last time I checked they were going for over 25.  Before covid you could walk into any dicks and buy them for 12.

Ged, what brand 209 primers are you looking for?

On 9/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, Haycreekrambler said:

Ammo prices on gun broker have gotten crazier and crazier as covid times roll on.

Example, one of the area's I hunt is shotgun only and last fall I realized I only had 1 box of hornady sst sabots.

I bought 5 boxes off GB for around 18 a box. The last time I checked they were going for over 25.  Before covid you could walk into any dicks and buy them for 12.

Ged, what brand 209 primers are you looking for?

I shoot Blackhorn 209 in my Muzzleloader so I need something hot. Federal, CCI or Remington SST. No “muzzleloader” 209 primers for me :( 

1 hour ago, ged said:

I shoot Blackhorn 209 in my Muzzleloader so I need something hot. Federal, CCI or Remington SST. No “muzzleloader” 209 primers for me :( 

What about Winchester?