Jeddore

GSB 10ms vs GSB10ls

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any insights on the new 70/30 split gsbs. I just purchased my first van staal (200) but need a 10 foot rod to do mostly from ¾ bucktails, sp minnows to 3oz ss needlefish and some 2oz pencil popping. Is the 10ms great for pencil popping? Is the 10ls capable of doing 3oz needles and handling larger fish? What would be the do everything rod these two rods. 

There is no do everything rod. The MS will do the heavier stuff better and the LS will do the lighter stuff better.

Went to Lamiglas’ page and found the LS listed as 70/30 split. No listing for the MS.  
Might want to hear some more feedback on the 70/30 split. It’s new and the Skinner 2 piece has some negative reviews.

Edited by LowEnd

19 mins ago, LowEnd said:

There is no do everything rod. The MS will do the heavier stuff better and the LS will do the lighter stuff better.

Went to Lamiglas’ page and found the LS listed as 70/30 split. No listing for the MS.  
Might want to hear some more feedback on the 70/30 split. It’s new and the Skinner 2 piece has some negative reviews.

Thanks, got the 10ms since since I already have a 9' mojo perfect for small bt and sp. This new 10ms will be my large plug, large water setup.

IMHO LS is good enough for yours requirements. And probably it is lighter that's  good for long day casting. Unfortunately Lamiglass and other companies  do not show rods weight. I couldn't understand why. It very important parameter. 

I'm thinking LS could cast even heavier then 3oz lures  May be not so far.

I think the more important aspect to consider when choosing between these two rods is where and how they will be fished. 

If used to fish beaches and soft structure the L would be the proper choice.

But for rocky shorelines, boulder fields hard structure and strong currents the M would be better suited to put the boots to and turn a respectable fish.

Having owned both, I know the L is capable of landing some decent sized fish in less than ideal conditions but with less margin for error. It's just not the proper choice for those conditions.

15 mins ago, In The Surf said:

I think the more important aspect to consider when choosing between these two rods is where and how they will be fished. 

If used to fish beaches and soft structure the L would be the proper choice.

But for rocky shorelines, boulder fields hard structure and strong currents the M would be better suited to put the boots to and turn a respectable fish.

Having owned both, I know the L is capable of landing some decent sized fish in less than ideal conditions but with less margin for error. It's just not the proper choice for those conditions.

Thanks, majority of the time I'm fishing rough kelpy boulder fields with some bubble weed and big waves. My friend was fishing an odm genesis 1-6 and he found it wasn't good for pencil popping but great for strong currents.