vallyp

Tangled hooks - solution?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I seem to run into tangled hooks in my gear-up 3 tube. I try to get 2-4 plugs into a single tube. Does anyone have a solution (that doesnt involve removing the rear hook)?

1 min ago, sytheteacher said:

One lure per tube...Simple... Or keep your lures in a Plano box..

One per tube severely limits the amount I can hold… and a Plano box is not ideal when wading 

I carry only three lures on the beach... One plug that I carry in a tube in my back pocket. One two ounce Kastmaster that I carry in a plastic pill bottle places in my other back pocket and a  two ounce Bucktail  that is attached to my leader that's on my rod.. I try to keep it simple as possible..

1 hour ago, vallyp said:

I seem to run into tangled hooks in my gear-up 3 tube. I try to get 2-4 plugs into a single tube. Does anyone have a solution (that doesnt involve removing the rear hook)?

The dividers I posted will help , more so on three inch tubes. They will fit thinner swimmers like bombers and s p minnows. It also helps to go to single siwash or flags for your tail hooks .

3 hours ago, vallyp said:

You could fix that quite easily by using plastic downspout tube which are 3x2 rectangular cut them to the right length,duct tape the bottom with several layers of duct tape add some drain holes and just use two of those instead of three tubes you'll be golden you could probably carry 8 or 10 bombers in there.

HH

5 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

You could fix that quite easily by using plastic downspout tube which are 3x2 rectangular cut them to the right length,duct tape the bottom with several layers of duct tape add some drain holes and just use two of those instead of three tubes you'll be golden you could probably carry 8 or 10 bombers in there.

HH

Going to. give this a shot too, thanks

12 hours ago, vallyp said:

My beach bag is a hot mess!

Hang one from its tail hook on the tubes rim, put the other two in back to back. Tins can fit in there too if you hang them from the rim.