albacized

Tractor Trailer tolls

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Not that it affects me, but when did they install all these tractor trailer tolls all over RI? It seems like it averaged something like $7.00 a pop and there had to be 4-6 of these on int 95, between the RI/MA line and the exit for Rt 4 heading to SoCo. Also, on 295 (which I took home due to rush hour and road construction). 

9 mins ago, albacized said:

Not that it affects me, but when did they install all these tractor trailer tolls all over RI? It seems like it averaged something like $7.00 a pop and there had to be 4-6 of these on int 95, between the RI/MA line and the exit for Rt 4 heading to SoCo. Also, on 295 (which I took home due to rush hour and road construction). 

My son and I were noticing them last night on the way down. Seems pretty recent. 

4 mins ago, z-man said:

They started a couple years ago. How long until they start charging tolls for cars too?

I have been wondering the same myself.

Those toll gantries have actually been there for a while, at least a year or two. I wouldnt put it past ri to start charging cars, now that the infrastructures in place. All it will take is one bad year for state revenues. :beatin:

Of course, the same thing has been proposed off and on for mass on certain highways other than the mass pike (which already has electronic tolling).  Thankfully nothing has happened yet. 

33 mins ago, bdowning said:

Those toll gantries have actually been there for a while, at least a year or two. I wouldnt put it past ri to start charging cars, now that the infrastructures in place. All it will take is one bad year for state revenues. :beatin:

Of course, the same thing has been proposed off and on for mass on certain highways other than the mass pike (which already has electronic tolling).  Thankfully nothing has happened yet. 

Think they were supposed to start charging cars passing over the rt 24/Sakonnet River bridge - but I don't think they ever started that. I've passed over it a number of times heading towards Newport and never rec'd a pay by plate bill

53 mins ago, albacized said:

Think they were supposed to start charging cars passing over the rt 24/Sakonnet River bridge - but I don't think they ever started that. I've passed over it a number of times heading towards Newport and never rec'd a pay by plate bill

They were, and it never came to pass. I don't know the full story, but I think there was public backlash. 

As I recall bd is correct.  There was major pushback on the rt 24 gantry.  Then they charged a dime or somesht...to charch something and not waste the taxpayers good money?  Then it just sorta stopped

Posted (edited) · Report post

Oh, have no fear.

It WILL affect you soon enough.

GYNA installed the gantries, using taxpayer $s, know full well that the RI Trucking association was planning to sue the state, on the grounds of unconstitutionality. (Unlawfully taxing a SINGLE user group).

GYNA knew shed be in a cushy Washington position, and her replacement would be the sap who had NO CHOICE but to toll EVERYBODY.

I mean, "Hey, we already paid for the gantries".....

Do osh bags.

Edited by Animal

it has started affecting everyone on day one. The coast of the toll gets figured into the the freight hauling price. witch eventually gets figured into the price of the freight being hauled. pretty simple if it coast more to get goods to market those goods are going to coast more.

trust me, the trucking company's did not just absorb these coasts.

Toll or no toll, in the end tax payers will still cover the cost of road repair for the damage continuous truck traffic does to the roads. Whether that be cost of goods increase while the truck tax is in place or just how it is now. Trucks do the most damage and cover the least of the cost to repair the damage.