LockedDrag

Shoutout to my boy

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Well done indeed!

I'm always telling (and demonstrating it with my own actions) my 11yr old to help those in need as well as to stand up to injustice being done to someone, intervening whenever possible while keeping himself safe in the process.

If not ingrained when young it won't happen automatically when older.

It's always so surprising to me how many people look the other way, or even turn their back and leave because they don't want to deal with it 

Few years back fishing a blitz at watch hill and one of the boats came in too close and flipped  and ended up smashed on the rocks 

Out of the 30? People there  20 or so scattered and left, and all of the remaining turned a blind eye except myself and one other individual 

Had to pull the two boaters out of the water and up the rocks, and everyone just acted like it never happened 

Absolutely blew my mind 

Good on your boy for doing th right thing

The world would be a better place with more people like him

Damn right. Have to look out for each other in all aspects of life - not least of which being a shared passion like surf & jetty fishing. I would help immediately and I promise those other people would get an earful. 

I actually bite my tongue constantly just so that I know I’m well justified to unleash hell when it’s truly deserved. 

where was this? (State only)

Very well-earned shout out.  Diffusion of responsibility ("...there's a bunch of people here...why should I do anything...?") is a real thing.  It takes character and courage to ignore that and to jump in when help is needed.  Sounds like you did a good job raising him - shout-out to you as well, LockedDrag.

14 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Shoutout to my boy for saving a fellow fisherman’s life today as everyone around just watched or kept fishing the insane blitz that happened this morning. The man couldn’t swim and slipped on the rocks. I know fishing has been tough for a lot of people this year and we all make stupid remarks or decisions but let’s not forget that at the end of the day we are all human beings. Each of us all have people who love and care about us. Let’s remember to be human beings and look out for each other first. You never know when it could be your turn to fall in the drink and be the one who needs help. 

Amen brother and good on ‘your boy’ for stepping up.  All of us need a hand up every now and then.  I try to live each day with the simple credo of ‘there but for the grace of God go I.’  A simple act of kindness goes a LONG WAY and is just what the world needs these days. 

14 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Shoutout to my boy for saving a fellow fisherman’s life today as everyone around just watched or kept fishing the insane blitz that happened this morning. The man couldn’t swim and slipped on the rocks. I know fishing has been tough for a lot of people this year and we all make stupid remarks or decisions but let’s not forget that at the end of the day we are all human beings. Each of us all have people who love and care about us. Let’s remember to be human beings and look out for each other first. You never know when it could be your turn to fall in the drink and be the one who needs help. 

Good for your friend, that area is very unforgiving!  Folks are not prepared for how slick those rocks are, or if you go in how hard it is to get out.  Good for him for stepping up!! Thats a lot of good karma coming his way... i see a 50 in his future

19 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Hero!

7 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

Very well-earned shout out.  Diffusion of responsibility ("...there's a bunch of people here...why should I do anything...?") is a real thing.  It takes character and courage to ignore that and to jump in when help is needed.  Sounds like you did a good job raising him - shout-out to you as well, LockedDrag.

Happens all the time…