braticus

Book suggestion, Baitfish?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Yes!

I'm embarrassed to say I never bought it. Only because I never saw it anywhere and pretty much forgot about it. 

I used to fish alongside Alan and he talked about it but wasn't sure he finished it. 

It's a nice little book . I don't imagine it would be to hard to find a copy . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 2:01 AM, KidDkivahh said:

It's a nice little book . I don't imagine it would be to hard to find a copy . 

 

With so many recommendations here, and knowing I didn't have it in my collection, I immediately went to eBay for it.  

 

It arrived over the weekend, and it appears I got very lucky.  The spine cracked as if it had never been opened before, and it appears it was signed by the author.

 

It is good.  Thanks for the tips guys.

 

 

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.56.09 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxKatt said:

 

With so many recommendations here, and knowing I didn't have it in my collection, I immediately went to eBay for it.  

 

It arrived over the weekend, and it appears I got very lucky.  The spine cracked as if it had never been opened before, and it appears it was signed by the author.

 

It is good.  Thanks for the tips guys.

 

 

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.56.09 PM.png

I believe mine was signed too. I haven't thumbed trough it in quite a while though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it mattered all that much anyway I checked to see if it was signed ( it was ) , Was a little taken back when I spotted this in the book case aside where the other book was. Not a bad little book either on bait fish.P9140006.JPG.5fc77cca3e916a8dfad736842d15e6e5.JPGP9140008.JPG.7903ca301155f9b55c8903e6fc1dd1bf.JPGP9140007.JPG.3c64e32037bc9df7f26f382041b76d03.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Not that it mattered all that much anyway I checked to see if it was signed ( it was ) , Was a little taken back when I spotted this in the book case aside where the other book was. Not a bad little book either on bait fish.P9140006.JPG.5fc77cca3e916a8dfad736842d15e6e5.JPGP9140008.JPG.7903ca301155f9b55c8903e6fc1dd1bf.JPGP9140007.JPG.3c64e32037bc9df7f26f382041b76d03.JPG

 

Nice.  I always like a signed copy.  Silly, but it gives you some personal connection to the author.  

 

I did see that other book while searching and may consider it.  I'm not a fly fisherman, but the bait part is interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 6:55 AM, Bucko said:

X 3 for George Roberts. Although not specific to bait fish Ray Bondorew's book Stripers and Streamers has flies specific to bait and lots of tactics type information.

Excellent book strippers and streamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 0:27 AM, west tide said:

386D6C5F-D574-410C-A3D9-CB44253EFC31.jpeg

Decided to throw this in since they're somewhat related and make a theme. The story of the cod in the Western Atlantic is now a tragedy, of course. It's a great book though. 

 

9780140275018_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg.b287ebc98ef1ab7c051ac50e3dfb6bff.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 mins ago, PatchyFog said:

Decided to throw this in since they're somewhat related and make a theme. The story of the cod in the Western Atlantic is now a tragedy, of course. It's a great book though. 

 

9780140275018_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg.b287ebc98ef1ab7c051ac50e3dfb6bff.jpg

“Cod” is an Excellent read. One of my favorites 

Edited by west tide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.