cec127

Eastham?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Coming up to Eastham, MA for the first time on Wednesday. The main point of the trip is a two day inshore tuna charter. I am an avid surf fisherman so would like to hit a few spots close to Eastham late afternoon and night. Seems like it used to be a pretty good striped bass area but has kinda died over the years. Cannot find too much online other than the summer time seal problem, lots of walking, and shallow water. Going to bring a handful of plugs and try to match the bait as best as possible. Also will bring a few metals incase the blues or albies make a showing. Thinking of focusing on ocean side this time of year. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction or share any helpful info I would appreciate it. PM is open if you rather share there.

You’re best bet is at night time. Go out during the day and look for structure. If you’re prepared to walk you’ll get into something. Try a small teaser with a dark colored plug or needlefish. Plenty of parking lots to start from Orleans to Ptown. 

That area has been producing good fish at night on needlefish, SPs, and other slim profiles. Like Swine said, find some boulders when it's still light and come back at night. The seals won't be as bad. Last time I fished there I counted 30+ seals...

Swine nailed it. 

Also don't be afraid to throw a gags whip it fish, Bill Hurley squid or a Joe baggs swarter   different lures that should produce also. Oh, epoxy lures also catch. 

Stop at Blackbeards on rt 6 in Eastham if you get  a chance. Good shop. 

Who are you chartering with?

15 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Swine nailed it. 

Also don't be afraid to throw a gags whip it fish, Bill Hurley squid or a Joe baggs swarter   different lures that should produce also. Oh, epoxy lures also catch. 

He dont need no charter,  i pm,d him

24 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Swine nailed it. 

The tuna charter is with Outermost Angling. 

29 mins ago, bassmaster said:

He dont need no charter,  i pm,d him

BM

He's chartering for TUNA....

you just want to ho all his plugs

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

BM

He's chartering for TUNA....

you just want to ho all his plugs

Yes. Im so tired cant even fish tonight

Edited by bassmaster
Im stupid

bayside up into Welfleet harbor has been loaded with blues on peanut bunker recently.  def within casting distance from shore at times.  oceanside has had lots of bass all summer.  good luck!  tuna fishing has been on fire recently too hope you have some luck!

17 hours ago, cec127 said:

The tuna charter is with Outermost Angling. 

Josh is won of the best small boat Tuna Fisherman on cape cod and one of the only ones that doesn't beat there chest about it.  He will put you on the meat.

As far as fishing Eastham surf you need to fish the Oceanside beaches at sunset/sunrise or night time.  

Have to reach out to the captain over the weekend. Wave height not looking good. Calling for 4 to 6ft Thursday and 8 to 10ft Friday. The surf fishing idea might be out the window as well....