September 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Was out from  530 till 11 am..moco....

Nice day to be out, low tide, something took my paddle tail.....literally...didn't even feel it....tons of bait...small bait in the wash, manhanden all over , waited a while for them to come in and snagged a few but nothing under taking them,  some blow-ups here and there, def blues and some bass hits , albies came and went but I missed them when they came in close... had one take my popper but dam gull dove on it and almost got in my line so i slacked up and lost it....just couldn't hook up today......frustrating but fun. 

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!

On 9/26/2021 at 10:02 PM, sjsurf2014 said:

If waking up at 5:45 AM and fishing until 10:00 AM wasn’t enough for my son, Shane…early afternoon at Grammy and Pop-Pops house on a white grub worm and new ultralight setup from a really good friend! I cannot ever recall catching or seeing a white perch this big. 

20E25527-0C47-4799-9C01-23913188A011.jpeg

2E306BF7-F20D-4816-A7A1-68BB6B5181C6.jpeg

F9CB5672-ECE2-4C75-A0D1-9C33BEA53410.jpeg

Super stoked that Shane loves the UL setup!  I told you guys that it would be great for perch in your lagoon….but dayum…that’s a total slob!!  Awesome job, Shane!

Yesterday afternoon into dark. South wind blues again for me. 
Had a decent bass on a buck tail but shook off. Hit right at the edge of the rocks. To big to lift…..And away it went…. Nothing else, no hits……Nothing. 
Met MC55 and chatted for a minute. Nice to meet you!

Eeeeels…..

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Late report last night, stayed local and picked away at a few schoolies and small blues. The fluke were chewing pretty good on the peanuts. Kids used their ultralights and threw out peanuts and got a couple 20"+ fluke. Lots of shorts out there also. Seen another family doing the same and was fun watching little tikes battle the blues like they are whales. It was fun when my kids were that small. Why do they grow so fast....

Yest afternoon, I just didn't have the fish Gods on my side. There were fish around. Fluke, blues, and scattered bass. I didn't get touched. Saw a couple guys catching every 20 minutes or so. Their secret? Small, skinny profile. oddly enough I switched lures throughout the day but for whatever reason I didn't show much love to the Deadly D or epoxies. I should of. Ya fish ya learn. Be careful out there today. Looking to our west, weather looks dicey. 

32 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Yest afternoon, I just didn't have the fish Gods on my side. There were fish around. Fluke, blues, and scattered bass. I didn't get touched. Saw a couple guys catching every 20 minutes or so. Their secret? Small, skinny profile. oddly enough I switched lures throughout the day but for whatever reason I didn't show much love to the Deadly D or epoxies. I should of. Ya fish ya learn. Be careful out there today. Looking to our west, weather looks dicey. 

Bingo Have been catching on SP others not on paddle tails & little necks, what people traditionally throw this time of year 

Yesterday morning albies and bass in the wash, I was way out on the bar and had albies behind me chasing rainfish 500 yards out, tuna blowing up I clipped on a big Habbs pencil thinking maybe - bunker, mullet rainfish everywhere SWW came up and it was immediately over. Nothing and all the bait save the bunker disappeared 

today calm clean flat water bunker around birds working rainfish balls way off shore, saw a couple of mullet but not many, nothing but fluke for me all on the wonderbread sp My beach is super shallow and flat Will have to move to catch 

What a pathetic day. It set up to be epic.  I was hanging out with my PA googan @ridenfish   Absolutely perfect

albie day.  Once the tide switched this morning everything shut off including the gators in training.  

just pathetic.  

i will say the beach replenishment is all washed up at the hook. The rip looks like a mess. All the sand keeps just piling on.

for those of you that remember the green bouy, unless they moved that its way out to the northeast.  

we really know how to screw things up in jersey. 

22 mins ago, Goldy said:

What a pathetic day. It set up to be epic.  I was hanging out with my PA googan @ridenfish   Absolutely perfect

albie day.  Once the tide switched this morning everything shut off including the gators in training.  

just pathetic.  

i will say the beach replenishment is all washed up at the hook. The rip looks like a mess. All the sand keeps just piling on.

for those of you that remember the green bouy, unless they moved that its way out to the northeast.  

All for the sake of what????? Absolutely nothing 

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

just pathetic.  

Instead of whining, maybe you should drive up north for few days and do what real fishermen do, catch fish...

Edited by levari