UncleJohn

September 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

423 posts in this topic

Curious, since most sol guys are regulars, weekdays, night sessions, etc...will you,  A. Fish this weekend, or b. Let the bennys have at their shenanigans and strike back tuesday? Always a dillema especially when theres no weekend plans really and i could sneak in a session..or 2...

38 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Curious, since most sol guys are regulars, weekdays, night sessions, etc...will you,  A. Fish this weekend, or b. Let the bennys have at their shenanigans and strike back tuesday? Always a dillema especially when theres no weekend plans really and i could sneak in a session..or 2...

Fish

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I'm escaping the Great Benny Army and that horrible blended stench of Armani and cocoa butter, and heading out of state. Be back Tuesday. 

(so everyone be good)

So fishing should be good all weekend :th:

Gave it a shot on the surf, kinda dead small fluke and sea robins. Headed outback for the change of tide with the game plan being live lining some spots or mullet for bass under a bridge I like. No mullet or spots to be netter but did get 6 of these herring? Not sure what they are, I tried using them, one came in chomped I half, changed to a jerk shad when the current was ripping. Nada. Albie hunting tomorrow morning. I will report back. 

D5919D1F-6876-4B3B-AC4D-29C2244C660B.jpeg

27 mins ago, BigBen425 said:

Gave it a shot on the surf, kinda dead small fluke and sea robins. Headed outback for the change of tide with the game plan being live lining some spots or mullet for bass under a bridge I like. No mullet or spots to be netter but did get 6 of these herring? Not sure what they are, I tried using them, one came in chomped I half, changed to a jerk shad when the current was ripping. Nada. Albie hunting tomorrow morning. I will report back. 

D5919D1F-6876-4B3B-AC4D-29C2244C660B.jpeg

I think its a blueback herring based on:
-eye diameter smaller than snout length
-dorsal fin is forward on the body rather than in the middle
-body is neither really deep or narrow.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Outfront in MoCo 5:30am - 7:00am, 1 fish landed with a few other misses all on topwater with a nice sky this morning.

Edited by LastCast82

10 hours ago, JerseyJeb said:

I think its a blueback herring based on:
-eye diameter smaller than snout length
-dorsal fin is forward on the body rather than in the middle
-body is neither really deep or narrow.

Possibly juvy sea herring or even yoy river herring dropping out. But I dunno how much of nj still supports river herring runs.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out front, MOCO this morning. Sunrise. Decent surf..good water movement.. clarity.. stained to perfection.. light west wind... 8 wt. Fly rod. Chartreuse/white deceiver. Saw a couple small pods of nervous mullet. Casted that way.. one 2lb. Bluefish... nuttin else.

Edited by JimK

Kinda quiet out there this morning.  Where I was the surf was not rolling so not a lot of moving water to drift the bugs.  Tossed the white swimmer and picked up one that wacked it in the wash line.  Couple of small mullet schools that had nothing to worry about which was also disappointing.