UncleJohn

September 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

423 posts in this topic

Took the kids out yesterday. A few blind casts with the epoxy yielded nada. Switched up gears in an outflow that looked super bassy...nada...

Some mullet and lots of spearing in the wash. Full harvest moon should hopefully get some fish moving

Have to echo what @unclemikenj posted.  Flat conditions and bunker everywhere you looked off shore.  Not a singe bunch of them worried about anything.  Had one fluke grab the bugs and that was it.  Tried a lot of different stuff but there were just no fish interested.  Clean clear water and not a mullet to be seen either.  Still looks like the next best chance will be Friday.

Last evening out front MOCO. Outgoing tide till after dark. Walking in the beach in shorts and bare feet. Tons of peanuts and cocktail bruefish. 
Good time had with my buddies……..

Eeeeels…….

Lunch break fishing report... NOMOCO out back...all the snappers you wanted. first of incoming tide... as many others have noted lots of peanuts... snappers are ripping through them... if you want to catch or have children/grandchildren... now is a great time to take them... I have upgraded from 1/8th oz to 1/4 oz kastmaster with one of the trebles cut off and the barbs crushed on the other two. Snapper poppers work very well too... this is the go to lure at local ramp but it tangles a lot if there is any wind.... at least that is what I witnessed... all were between 6-8 inches or so... lots of fun

8B3558DF-09B1-4505-88F0-F95406C098C2.jpeg

31CA4EBA-C7FE-4BEC-8454-1D4D6B037139.jpeg

Last two hours of incoming through the first two of outgoing. Covered a lot of ground Water has warmed, very clear, flat with a little ripple from the ESE wind like everyone else rivers of bunker a few hundred yards off the beach, lots of spearing a couple of small pods of peanuts and schools of snappers; a couple of dozen fluke on the bucktail not one caught more than 5 feet off the beach, had a giant cownose on for a while putting on a show for the beach crowd before it broke off. I thought for sure today we would see pelagics but not by me. Enjoy these days while they last

No Mo 6-11am. Some short fluke, 2 stargazers, and a small cow nose. Saw some swirls on the outside of the bar so waded out and had a steady pick of blues. Some pushing 5 lbs. they would only hit with a super fast retrieve on top at first, but it developed into an old time blitz as they came over the bar. Mostly rain fish and baby snapper blues. 

2 hours ago, gcjeep14 said:

O C this afternoon from noon to three…. Bunker, Blues and Spinner Sharks all out of reach 150 to 200 yards.  Just sat there and enjoyed the show.

we might be on the same beach, that was some crazy blitzing action! I think there were som blacktips in there too, if that's possible? 

Outback MC 7am-11am loads of adult bunker nothing on them was hoping for some blues to play with all I got was a sea robin checked out front before heading to work and saw some happy bunker as well

On 13/09/2021 at 6:04 PM, joefishnj21 said:

Pretty good post work afternoon session today on the outgoin. Mixed bag. Couple small bass on topwater mag darter bottle popper. Followed it up with 2, 3 pb blues in an sp. Than i saw some fluke rushing bait pretty close to shore line. Decided to flip out a small epoxy and just twitch it. sure enough, hooked up to a pretty solid fluke. Looked to be 17.5 maybe just over. Released it regardless. Fun hour. 

What kinda sorcery you trying to pull off here!

12 hours ago, SurfCaster01289 said:

we might be on the same beach, that was some crazy blitzing action! I think there were som blacktips in there too, if that's possible? 

They (blacktips and spinners) are usually together, I treat them pretty much as the same species as they act the same and both spin when hooked.  I'm pretty sure the only obvious difference is a black spot on the anal fin on the spinner.

Edited by bbfish

4 hours ago, cartopper said:

What kinda sorcery you trying to pull off here!

Haha i added too many words but i often refer to it like that. Not sure why. When I hear mag I always add the darter. Habit i guess. This is the one. 

Screenshot_20210915-073709_Chrome.jpg

Edited by joefishnj21

27 mins ago, bbfish said:

They (blacktips and spinners) are usually together, I treat them pretty much as the same species as they act the same and both spin when hooked.  I'm pretty sure the only obvious difference is a black spot on the anal fin on the spinner.

good to know, thanks!