UncleJohn

September 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

423 posts in this topic

35 mins ago, HOCKEYDAD said:

You know what PT Barnum said....

What? A guy with a million dollars in fishing gear and tackle who doesn’t fish, is a fool?

Sending prayers to those north and west, hope you all fully recover from Ida. Lunch break fishing report... NOMOCO... 1:30-1:50... water was stained from all the rain...

a bit slow by then the snappers turned on... got 6 and lost about as many too... nice size... even stayed a little bit longer than normal... here a few pictures 

C3C9EB26-B748-4338-A1C3-0728F84CC213.jpeg

5B3796DE-9C8A-4958-BD78-14295A30C176.jpeg

ADF5D6EE-100E-405F-8441-AFDDC713AEF9.jpeg

9FF0E141-B259-45F2-ABEE-14580900A64A.jpeg

57 mins ago, MC55 said:

Wasn't sure if it was going to be worth hitting the sand this morning after seeing the wind forecast, but it turned out to be the right decision to give it a go.  Surf was rolling a bit and it was on the dirty side but the wind was NNW and very manageable.  Didn't like the color of the water that was cutting into the visibility, so started out with the chartreuse over white swimmer.  Didn't take too long to find one little guy.  Tossed it for awhile longer without any other success so figured it was worth  trying the bugs.  Should have started out with them cause that's what they were looking for.  Total for the morning was 9 with one at 27 inches and another at 28.  Didn't see any signs of bait around but the mullet should be showing up any day now.  Back at it in the morning.

DSCF3641.JPG

DSCF3643.JPG

DSCF3645.JPG

DSCF3647.JPG

Biggest key is that mullet. Thats the sign of good things. Usually that big September storm does the trick. Let's hope for that to happen Mike!!. Hope by the weekend we get clean water. Been a while since we had a decent mullet run of any sort.

3 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I was considering going out in my skiff tomorrow but I don't know. Anyone in south jersey with a back bay water report please?

Barnegat Bay here was pretty dirty early afternoon.

Went to the beach in the afternoon for an hour with the family. Water was stained. Didnt expect anything to happen in that hour  but lost a nice one and landed a keeper.

7 hours ago, MC55 said:

Wasn't sure if it was going to be worth hitting the sand this morning after seeing the wind forecast, but it turned out to be the right decision to give it a go.  Surf was rolling a bit and it was on the dirty side but the wind was NNW and very manageable.  Didn't like the color of the water that was cutting into the visibility, so started out with the chartreuse over white swimmer.  Didn't take too long to find one little guy.  Tossed it for awhile longer without any other success so figured it was worth  trying the bugs.  Should have started out with them cause that's what they were looking for.  Total for the morning was 9 with one at 27 inches and another at 28.  Didn't see any signs of bait around but the mullet should be showing up any day now.  Back at it in the morning.

DSCF3641.JPG

DSCF3643.JPG

DSCF3645.JPG

DSCF3647.JPG

Nice catches! 

16 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

I was considering going out in my skiff tomorrow but I don't know. Anyone in south jersey with a back bay water report please?

Cape May County, water was pretty dirty but fish are around. Manage 1 tog, 1 spot and an oyster cracker lots of bait around including bay anchovies.

1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

Cape May County, water was pretty dirty but fish are around. Manage 1 tog, 1 spot and an oyster cracker lots of bait around including bay anchovies.

Thanks for the report. I might get out there today 

They weren't that active this morning.  Had to make it a shorter outing today but the late morning bite didn't develop.  Did get two on the bugs and had a couple of other taps.  Did see the first mullet schools swim by with nothing on the chase.  We could be off and running in the next few days.  Will make a move more north in the morning.