UncleJohn

September 2021 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

423 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are...….

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

MOCO last evening...

Endless wall of bunker came across the horizon like an oil slick heading south less than 50 yards off the beach.

The water's edge was lined with countless people staring at what was being described as a mysterious black slick... the few folks I mentioned that it was bait dismissed that idea out of hand.

Eventually, some dolphins moved in and started putting on a show corraling the bunker and leaping through them... was quite a sight that close to the surf.

20210831_175343~2.jpg

26 mins ago, unclemikenj said:

MOCO last evening...

Endless wall of bunker came across the horizon like an oil slick heading south less than 50 yards off the beach.

The water's edge was lined with countless people staring at what was being described as a mysterious black slick... the few folks I mentioned that it was bait dismissed that idea out of hand.

Eventually, some dolphins moved in and started putting on a show corraling the bunker and leaping through them... was quite a sight that close to the surf.

20210831_175343~2.jpg

Yeah seemed dogfish were following them and they were big. I was snagging bunker and chunking out there to play around. Never know if cobia are under those this time of year. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just came in as the rain started Ended up being a nice day after some thunder this morning Got out for an hour water warm, stained, just enough weeds to irritate with the ESE wind nice roll; no variety today but did get a bunch of fluke including three that would have been keepers. Given the ominous clouds to the west I didn’t venture far, all  along 300 yards of beach.  I think we might see some mullet out front soon. All on the bucktail 

Edited by suntzu

If there is reincarnation, I don't want to come back as a bunker! From the moment you're born, you're continually trying to get to the middle of the school, you survive on algae, and everything in the ocean tries to eat you.

Home early from work today..fished from about 4pm to 530 pm. moco surf. Similar conditions to Suntzu.. however weeds no prob except in North side jetty pockets.. 3 robins and 1 fluke measured 18 in on the button.  3/4 oz. Smilin' Bill 5" white gulp mullet.  Haven't had time or energy to fish in a while... felt good to be out.. left just as rain began to pick up..

13 hours ago, Basswiper said:

Went out front for a few casts - no dice. However, I did just purchase a pair of Kelly Green Crocs while I was there...cheap!

I think you should leave them on the beach and watch from a distance to catch the croc thief