luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2021

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

...here is to the start of a great fall hopefully... as of yesterday, water temp out front was around 78 deg, and chessy is 84

Just a question for the OC locals. I’m at Frontier Town and took my son fishing last night. Usually we get pulled on by crabs. We were talking how we never catch anything here when his drag started screaming. I had a circle hook and had a half of frozen/thawed finger mullet  on. I helped him so he didn’t get spooled. 10 feet from the pier I hit the fish with my flashlight and it was a small shark, maybe 2.5 feet long. It bit through the leader since I only had 20lb mono on. 
What species of small shark is in Sinepuxent bay this time of year? 

All bluefish on a falling tide outback in Sussex County, DE in the early am this morning.  Fish were mainly caught on an Ocean Arsenal Tackle Torpedo Herring & teasers, lost count after 30.  

Healthy amount of bait in the area.  

20210906_032050.jpg

Went to fish DSSP Saturday morning, Went to conquest beach first about 5:30 .Beach was bad, Got on the beach to drive and beach was still flooded. I then went to 3 R's. Glad I did, beach was in great shape for driving and fishing.  I set up a little ways down from a rip tide . I cought 2 small spot, 6 Pompano. I only kept 2 large Pompano to eat.  Had the 11' rod out with cut bait, no hits all day. Fish were in close to the shore. Had a great time. But about 10 a.m. The flies got bad.

Blacktips are thick right now if that is your thing, couldn't keep them off my line yesterday.  Caught my largest one, 6ft 6 in. female with LOTS of attitude.

3 hours ago, spinr0k said:

Blacktips are thick right now if that is your thing, couldn't keep them off my line yesterday.  Caught my largest one, 6ft 6 in. female with LOTS of attitude.

Any spinners in the mix?

No spinners, verified by the lack of black on the anal fin.   

Was hoping for a spinner but my chances of landing one have been 50/50 with them always jumping out and acting like a total spaz.

2 hours ago, spinr0k said:

No spinners, verified by the lack of black on the anal fin.   

Was hoping for a spinner but my chances of landing one have been 50/50 with them always jumping out and acting like a total spaz.

Yup.  But that's why they are fun!!!!