TheLuckyStrike

Need some guidance/Block island

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Planning to hit Block island in a month and  it's my first time.  I have everything needed but one issue that came up is the time slot we can go is on the full moon.  Not my favorite in NJ.  Do any of you have first hand knowledge on fishing the moon up there?  Bass is the target from shore/skishing.  There's one tackle shop there and I did speak with them.  I wanted to see if anyone here has intimate knowledge about fishing the moon up there.  Appreciate the help

You are probably going to spend a lot of time chasing albies, I have been there that time of year and that's what I did. I would not worry too much about the moon. the one thing I will say is Nj is all sand and reflects the light differently. So think outside the box when it comes to colors and plugs.   I would keep an eye out for day time bites. 

9 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

You are probably going to spend a lot of time chasing albies, I have been there that time of year and that's what I did. I would not worry too much about the moon. the one thing I will say is Nj is all sand and reflects the light differently. So think outside the box when it comes to colors and plugs.   I would keep an eye out for day time bites. 

Never listen to anything this guy says.  

18 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Yes I forgot to mention going for Albies daytime.  Really good point about sand bottom reflection.  Thank you for that.

Also when you are in the middle of the migration which you should be the moon shouldn't matter.  If the fish are there in numbers they will eat.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

don't plan on getting anything at the tackle shop. It's small and they have some stuff but it's not grumps or anything like that. 

Edited by crazybellringer