Salt Water Edge Rhode Island

Rate this topic

The Riddler

As I understand SWE over the years, Peter is a fisherman, had other fisherman partners in the beginning, is also a good business person, is super supportive of fishermen and fishing associations (I happen to have won a VR 50 that Peter donated to our club as as gift/ promotion- great reel), and last and most important, he is a very caring person (always asks about the grand children).  I know Peter as a customer generally, and my take on the whole operation is that it is a 10. Peter only knows me to say hello for periodically I, living close to his shop, drop in to get something I need that he has in stock. I have the greatest respect for the 5% of the businesses and their owners that do it well, and he is an elite business person that has worked long and hard over a few decades for all of us in the fishing product supply industry to make it easy for all of us..

Thank you Peter

On 8/27/2021 at 11:26 PM, Popasilov said:

I would like to thanks Salt Water Edge for not having store on Long Island.

Thank you so much for saving me money.

PS

I am not so much mail order.

I still like to stop at the store.

Funny one! Got me laughing. It is nice to go into your favorite tackle shop and look around though. 

I've been ordering from Saltwater Edge for years now, they're always wonderful to deal with. I've been into the store a few times, always appreicated those guys. Nice shop!

5 mins ago, CaryGreene said:

It is nice to go into your favorite tackle shop and look around though. 

In my book

It is a sin to pass by tackle shop and not stop by and spend few bucks.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I thought of this thread again after having another shipment from a major Florida rod building supply not get picked for over 5 working days. Credit does not got to USPS, it goes to the places that process your order within 2 buisness days or less. SWE, is one of the fastest.

Just want to throw up another +1 for this shop!

I was only in there once but felt like I had been a regular for years. Had a very enjoyable conversation with the owner who was genial, knowledgeable, and a great businessman. As I concluded my transition I came to realize —unbeknownst to me— that they had closed 20 minutes ago. But I didn't feel that at all, because the focus was on making sure I made a great choice in my purchases. Tbh, I'm lucky I didn't spend much much more, I forced myself to leave. lol 

Just a great shop! Wish they had a location down by Westerly and especially eastern CT!! One can dream!

On 9/15/2021 at 5:26 PM, The Riddler said:

I thought of this thread again after having another shipment from a major Florida rod building supply not get picked for over 5 working days. Credit does not got to USPS, it goes to the places that process your order within 2 buisness days or less. SWE, is one of the fastest.

Why are you taking the credit away from USPS? It’s USPS that loads the product to their trucks and deliver the product to your home in less than a day. SWE only pack your product and charge your credit card.

Edited by levari

On 8/29/2021 at 7:09 AM, levari said:

Are you excited that the shop ship your order to USPS the following day or from the great service of USPS delivering the package to your home within 24 hours?

Shouldn’t you praise USPS as well?

17 hours ago, levari said:

Why are you taking the credit away from USPS? It’s USPS that loads the product to their trucks and deliver the product to your home in less than a day. SWE only pack your product and charge your credit card.

91AE20B0-F5BD-426A-9487-21FB73DEA0D1.gif

I was in RI last November to do some Blackfishing. I got blown out for weather one day so I went sight seeing around Newport and stumbled on the Saltwater Edge shop (old location) they were packing to move to the new spot. No customers really in the shop so I just browsed around and had a nice lengthy chat with Pete. Bought some stuff I don’t see much here in NJ and will go back there again when I am back in RI. 

First class shop in all categories. 

Great stuff and great service.