The Riddler

Salt Water Edge Rhode Island

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Bam!

0FE9E71D-A04F-4C2F-B3B4-B256F3B04477.jpeg

Are you excited that the shop ship your order to USPS the following day or from the great service of USPS delivering the package to your home within 24 hours?

Shouldn’t you praise USPS as well?

Edited by levari

5 hours ago, levari said:

Are you excited that the shop ship your order to USPS the following day or from the great service of USPS delivering the package to your home within 24 hours?

Shouldn’t you praise USPS as well?

I am sticking with praise for SWE. The order was expedited. Plenty of places process it later. 

I worked weekends for Peter for a few years. In store  Staff was always advised to keep periodically checking for online orders so as to expedite shipping.  Enjoyed my time there.

Here is a great example of dropping the ball. I placed an order at a busy rod building place 

in Southern United States last Friday. Here we are over a week later and this is the message you get.

Who gets the blame here?

08477946-E607-45C4-B076-F83749E7343C.png

Edited by The Riddler

8 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Here is a great example of dropping the ball. I placed an order at a busy rod building place 

in Southern United States last Friday. Here we are over a week later and this is the message you get.

Who gets the blame here?

08477946-E607-45C4-B076-F83749E7343C.png

This has to be Mudhole. They have everything you need to build a rod, but you better be ready to wait. Happens every time we order. 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, The Riddler said:

I am sticking with praise for SWE. The order was expedited. Plenty of places process it later. 

I ordered a rod from Tomotackle on 8/24, it was shipped on 8/25 and I received it on 8/26. There is nothing spectacular about shipping a rod the next day and the rest depends on USPS and your location.

I read about how great is saltwater edge, as I wrote before it is a good store and I’ve never experienced any issues with them. They are very friendly on the phone and very helpful but I want to hear from anyone who got a shipment stolen from his door and Saltwater edge shipped a replacement free of charge. Anyone?

Edited by levari

On 8/27/2021 at 7:04 PM, The Riddler said:

Lightning fast shipping for free on a reasonable minimum order! Order at 9pm on Thursday night and will be here Saturday. Outstanding! 

1BFFD5F1-0D42-4A21-BE9B-97F392207FD4.png

Yep………just ordered a VSX150 last Thursday……..it was at my doorstep that Saturday afternoon.  UNBELIEVABLE service !!

I’ve lived a mile or two from SWE from every storefront they’ve had since the beginning. The new shop is amazing! Granted I helped Peter with the build out, but everything is displayed well and super well lit. Tons of inventory. It’s been a gift and a curse over the years, don’t want to know how much I’ve spent to date…

Order a penn spinfisher last wed and it was on my doorstep sat. morning!  Hopefully the vr 51 will start coming in soon. Will order from them again! Great service

Pete used to come into Lew Hortons all the time prior to buying SWE. Great guy. 

I placed my first order with them on Wednesday afternoon and It is at my house this afternoon. 

I completely agree - have placed quite a few orders with them and their service is top notch.  Prices are competitive, staff is willing to answer questions and provided advice (helpful to a noob like me) and the shipping is insane!  If I order something today, it's on my doorstep tomorrow!  Cannot say enough about their shop (store and online).