The Riddler

Salt Water Edge Rhode Island

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Lightning fast shipping for free on a reasonable minimum order! Order at 9pm on Thursday night and will be here Saturday. Outstanding! 

1BFFD5F1-0D42-4A21-BE9B-97F392207FD4.png

I've been there on an RI trip; couple years ago before they relocated.  Talked to the owner for awhile.  Nice tackle shop.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I've been there on an RI trip; couple years ago before they relocated.  Talked to the owner for awhile.  Nice tackle shop.

Same here!  I agree, nice shop, good people.

That shop is a Gem.

Called there one day when my dad and I were in Newport. We called to confirm their hours. The owner said they were about to close but if we were on our way he would wait for us. We got there, got a reel spooled up. Then he gave us some general tips, and tied on a swivel for my dad that he pulled from his truck. Didn’t feel rushed for a second. 

When we were on our way we passed another shop and he asked if we should just stop there. I said no we must go to saltwater edge. Can’t speak about the other shop but couldn’t be more pleased with our experience 

With all the coastline in RI it never made sense to me that they had so few B&T's. Would love to stop by SE but I'm always on the south shore.

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Lightning fast shipping for free on a reasonable minimum order! Order at 9pm on Thursday night and will be here Saturday. Outstanding! 

1BFFD5F1-0D42-4A21-BE9B-97F392207FD4.png

:th::th:

Pete runs a great shop.  Their new location is close to where I work. My wallet tends to get a little lighter when I go there.

I would like to thanks Salt Water Edge for not having store on Long Island.

Thank you so much for saving me money.

PS

I am not so much mail order.

I still like to stop at the store.

Haven't been to the new shop yet but I hope to see a COUCH when I get there. Around 15-20 years ago, the old old shop had a couch right in the middle of the store. It's nice to sit for a few minutes sometimes and just take a short break. That couch was a good display of friendship and created an atmosphere of comfort. I thought it was classy and professional. I told Peter a long time ago to bring it back! I'm gonna chew his ear out if there's no couch there! Lol. 

Never been to the new joint, but used to frequent the old place. Good crew working there too. The workers make ya feel good. That's important too.:howdy:

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will be surprised if the PO will deliver the package before Monday..Share with us when you receive it.

Many stores use the same class of service. I ordered a rod from Tomotackles in MA and he shipped it the following day using fedex.  Same story with tackledirect about a month ago.

Too bad saltwater edge  charges $13 to ship fishing rods while other stores ship the same rods for free using same packaging material. I ordered from Saltwater edge ton of stuff without any problems and their service is superb but fishing rods I buy somewhere else.

Edited by levari

I’ve spent way too much with them recently as I build up all my gear. Always great, quick answers to questions via email/chat and I’ve received larger orders in less than 24 hours from hitting “buy”. If they have what I want, they’re getting my money. I like supporting local B&T shops, but if the selection is lacking or you are marking things up 15% or more, I’ll I’ll order online. 

I have made small orders with them - less than the minimum required for free shipping. The shipping fee for those is very low-  unlike some tackle shops.     Same quick service,