t_man7

Plug boxes?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can find the paper boxes like the ones Gibbs, Pflueger, and others used to use?  Blank boxes will work fine.

Thanks,

- Tommy

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 8/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, Good2Go said:

Try gaggling "small jewelry boxes for sale. I found some at 6 x 2 x1 for .60 each. 

Thanks, best I have found so far has been the 8x2x7/8

I plan on getting them in plain colors.  I think they call them Kraft Jewelry Boxes for watches.  My sister is an artist, and has agreed to hand paint everyone for $1 a piece.

Edited by t_man7

Ok took me a while but I found the box I had saved years ago at home.

Look at Mason Box Company in Attleboro Falls MA. They make something called a Kraft Repair/Mailing Box that I think will fit what you are looking for. I saved one specifically for plugs so I'd remember what it was hahahaha, turns out that was a good idea.

There is also one on the site called an Extra Strength Utility Box. It's a slip fit Kraft box with no wire closures. Might also be of interest.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Kphresh said:

Ok took me a while but I found the box I had saved years ago at home.

Look at Mason Box Company in Attleboro Falls MA. They make something called a Kraft Repair/Mailing Box that I think will fit what you are looking for. I saved one specifically for plugs so I'd remember what it was hahahaha, turns out that was a good idea.

There is also one on the site called an Extra Strength Utility Box. It's a slip fit Kraft box with no wire closures. Might also be of interest.

Enjoy!

Funny you mentioned that, I have actually already called mason box about boxes about a week ago.  Was going to purchase 500 boxes but didn’t after realizing how pricy shipping is.  They are great to deal with, and said that the boxes can be picked up and totally void the shipping cost.  Next time I’m up there I will place the order.

Thanks everyone :)

MBC in attleboro sold out years ago..got bought out by some co. in RI...they dropped the best boxes from the old co....unless you wanted to order 1500 they would make them for you...can you say bend over.

42 mins ago, capesams said:

MBC in attleboro sold out years ago..got bought out by some co. in RI...they dropped the best boxes from the old co....unless you wanted to order 1500 they would make them for you...can you say bend over.

You're right, I didn't even look at the address. They are in Pawtucket RI now.

I'm guessing it has something to do with it not being cost effective to sell smaller quantities if they don't keep a stock and only do special orders. Shame because those are some really awesome boxes, if you're into that thing!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some plugs deserve  a custom wooden box. Makes a nice plug even more valuable. Box jointed and a clear cover maybe a signature or model # or a limited edition. Nice gifts. If I can find one I will take a pic when I get home later

Edited by Kones1