dtracy43

tide and weather Apps

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Been using Nautide, Windy and Windfinder equally but have been leaning towards Windy the most recently. Really like that it includes water temps, which the other two do not have from what I can tell. I know this is an ever changing factor but it’s still a nice reference point to have. 

PredictWind app is one that I use.  yo can set a view that has wind velocity and direction , tide, moon phase and precipitation, barometric pressure, wave height etc.  

I like Windalert because you can choose from a number of different forecast models, they are not all the same. In particular the WF-WRF 2km is much more accurate for the weird microclimate stuff near me. But it's only forecasting like 36 hrs out. Oddly, they give you that model for free on the mobile but you need a paid account on a PC. It has tides and astronomical data too.

I'd really like to find a site that offers extended data of their forecast vs what happened so you can figure out the patterns.  Here's a great example of how one model, the blue line, was on the money and another in red far off. If anyone knows where to get a longer history of what's in this graph, forecast vs readings, do tell.

post-15110-0-30731000-1468698070.png

Edited by gellfex