TJ2021

How do you wear your surf bag?

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

So fly.........are you able to rotate your belt around your waist if need be?  Trying to get a feel of how tight and where i should be wearing my belt on my mid section.  Like i said, i'm always experiencing some type of ache after so long and i do wear it above my hips fairly snug to the point where i can't rotate it comfortably.

Belt will not rotate around waist, too tight. But I can swing FL bag from 8:00 position to 9:30-10:00 position with ease. 

Thanks for you help with this.......it's driving me crazy to the point where i'm looking at that ZBelt for comfort but i don't think that belt will be able to hold an additional opposite side pouch/bag for me.  I try different bags, positions, carrying loads, etc........it's becoming frustrating at this point.....

How stiff is your current belt? My belt, when buckled and empty, will stand on the ground is a perfect vertical circle, it is that rigid. Also, belt never twists when worn, too stiff.

BLACKHAWK REINFORCED 2" WEB DUTY BELT

4858E1D6-C194-44AB-B539-D3E2097B40B8.jpeg.ce06251396f184a2389d0f713e53eb1a.jpeg

23 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

fly........how, for Pete's sake, are you free of back pain with that kind of weight even on your belt??

Weighed it today with digital scale. With filled water bottle, 11.4 pounds. 

57 mins ago, flyangler said:

Belt will not rotate around waist, too tight. But I can swing FL bag from 8:00 position to 9:30-10:00 position with ease. 

How stiff is your current belt? My belt, when buckled and empty, will stand on the ground is a perfect vertical circle, it is that rigid. Also, belt never twists when worn, too stiff.

fly.....i have an Uncle Mike's Sentinal and AquaSkinz Hunter Elite .....Both stiff as hell.

I'm just trying to get a feel for how tight it should be (tight enough to move around the buckle or not)...and where the belt should be sitting or placed.

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

fly.....i have an Uncle Mike's Sentinal and AquaSkinz Hunter Elite .....Both stiff as hell.

I'm just trying to get a feel for how tight it should be (tight enough to move around the buckle or not)...and where the belt should be sitting or placed.

Rather tight and right over shorts belt. Not sure what else to tell you. I don’t know those belts so can’t compare. 

I am 61 now and I have historically had a back pain problem, lower right side. Since moving to FL six years ago, I try to get to the gym three times a week and core exercise is key. A trainer told me years ago that a sore back is sometimes an issue with weak abs or hamstrings. That the body has to compensate and what can feel like back pain is a muscle group that is tensing due to strain of overcompensating. My old fix was a chiropractor who would stretch the muscles and then put me in the stem machine, to get the muscle to intense. I have not needed any adjustment in years. 

That presumes the pain is musculature and not due to a nerve being pinched. I am no expert, but I have not had a significant back issue since doing some core work regularly. 

My $0.02

15 hours ago, flyangler said:

Rather tight and right over shorts belt. Not sure what else to tell you. I don’t know those belts so can’t compare. 

I am 61 now and I have historically had a back pain problem, lower right side. Since moving to FL six years ago, I try to get to the gym three times a week and core exercise is key. A trainer told me years ago that a sore back is sometimes an issue with weak abs or hamstrings. That the body has to compensate and what can feel like back pain is a muscle group that is tensing due to strain of overcompensating. My old fix was a chiropractor who would stretch the muscles and then put me in the stem machine, to get the muscle to intense. I have not needed any adjustment in years. 

That presumes the pain is musculature and not due to a nerve being pinched. I am no expert, but I have not had a significant back issue since doing some core work regularly. 

My $0.02

Those belts are as stiff as your Blackhawk so they shouldn’t be a problem.  I don’t wear a belt with shorts so probably need to try different positions on my hips or so.  I’m hoping I’m in shape as I go to he gym 5 days a week and weigh 210 at 5’9” with a 34-36” waist.

Ill have to try different things and additional ab work couldn’t hurt.  I’ll need to try what you’ve said earlier though with respect to “resting the belt on the hips”.....

Thanks again fly for your input and suggestions 

Edited by yogiiiboy

15 hours ago, flyangler said:

Great belt, used one for years!