TJ2021

How do you wear your surf bag?

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

I use a 2 tube surfcaster belt bag for Jetty fishing, I live it. For walking and working the surf, I use a shimano lg surf bag over my shoulder. IOn the beach I take the lg bag off when I get tired. But I'm going to get a better smaller belt or shoulder bag, The ODM is one I'm looking at.

13 hours ago, hunter123 said:

I use a 2 tube surfcaster belt bag for Jetty fishing, I live it. For walking and working the surf, I use a shimano lg surf bag over my shoulder. IOn the beach I take the lg bag off when I get tired. But I'm going to get a better smaller belt or shoulder bag, The ODM is one I'm looking at.

I recently purchased a surf belt that is relatively new on the scene (the past year) and is catching on in a big way, and IMO is nothing short of fabulous. I have a degenerative disk in my lower back and this belt gives you the best of both worlds, a great back support combined with a bag belt.

It was designed by a surf fisherman (Luke Znosko) for his own use. The way Luke put it, he was looking for features in a bag belt that he couldn’t find in other belts. He integrated a bag belt with a weight lifting belt. Other fisherman would see him with it on and would inquire about it, the rest is history.

It’s called “Z Belt”. The fit is great and you’ll quickly forget that you have it on when you’re surfcasting. Luke put a lot of thought into this belt and has since made improvements to the original design, creating the Gen2. He also offers a thin version which is similar to ODM, and is in the process of refining the design of a bag he designed to pair with the belt(s). The bag is to be released into production in the near future.

Everything I wear is “XL” but his size Large fit perfectly with adjustment room to spare. Luke sold it to me out of the back of his truck. LOL

Google and/or YouTube it.

E2EC4A0F-EC51-4189-ABA3-4C62DF444669.jpeg

07AD30CF-FC72-40C8-8634-45BB7BFB936B.jpeg

14875B85-B8B9-465D-AA69-B5C4242029E8.jpeg

Edited by atlantictrader

i use a 3 tube MAK angler bag. I have a clip on my belt that I attach to a carabiner on my bag when I get on a rock to keep it from sliding around and also alleviate weight.

Well, I doubt I carry 10 pounds around in my outings. However my 3 or 4 tube bags are always on the belt, and shoulder strap.

I remember years and years go when I first bought my 3 tube gear up I was going to cut the strap off. Glad I didn’t do that as without using a strap my back bothers me after awhile. I can’t say the strap ever gets in the way of casting. My bag is usually towards my back, and I slide it around when I need to access it.

20 hours ago, i_like_poppers said:

Basically a lumbar support belt with a belt strap for your bag, pliers, and whatever else you carry. Rules bar posting a link but at least worth the Google. 

I just googled it and the photo on the home page made me smile. I want one :)

On 8/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, Aaron Barmmer said:

Belt and shoulder strap is what I like. Shoulder strap adjusted so that Most of weight is on belt with just a tiny bit on shoulder to keep belt from not sagging down.  

I do the same. Keeps my bag from moving around during a cast. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, TJ2021 said:

I wear my plug bag on my belt with its belt loops and even though I have a quality surf belt, the bag can still weigh the belt down a bit. I know many guys just wear theirs around their shoulder with a strap but I feel like that'd get uncomfortable after a few hours of casting and 10 lbs of lures in the bag. How do you guys wear your surf bags comfortably and effectively?

Shoulder for me always regardless of how heavy it is.

HH

I use a Z-Belt for my bay/light tackle outfit. 

Works great and highly reccomend.

For Montauk and the open beach I use a 6 Tube Flatlander with the shoulder strap and one of the metal loops in the back of the bag through a D-Ring on the belt. 

Doesnt really split the weight 50/50 but takes a significant amount off of your shoulder and stops the bag from moving around when rock hopping and casting. Very comfortable.

To be fair I dont really overload the 6 tube bag. At most I keep 2 plugs per tube. Just hate dealing with tangled trebles so my 6 tube is probably is light as most peoples 3 tube :p

15 mins ago, liambrouillette said:

Wow double corkers, now that’s extreme surfcasting 

I dont have the spikes for my korker boots so I use the strap on ones.... thanks for noticing

I have a 2 tube which I wear on my belt and for the larger 3 tube I have it on my left shoulder but clip it to one of the Rockhopper belt clips behind me to stop it from flipping over on me. 

30l grundens waterproof backpack with one tube on the belt.

Almost wondering if I’m carrying around too much stuff just because I need the backpack for all of my stuff! :) But the weight distribution on the back has been pretty good.

Need to try fitting everything in 2 tubes and a water bottle on my belt to see if it could be better. I personally don’t know if I could ever get the stuff I want to bring down to just two tubes!!! :)

Not too crazy about how a shoulder bag feels and gets in the way of my casting motion sometimes.