bob4

wiring P Bay motor

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Been trying to find wiring diagram for pacific bay to wire the wrapper and dryer to the switch.  Can't seem to find one. I'm sure it's fairly simple but I'm no electrician. Any help appreciated.

Also I think I would like to upgrade the dryer motor from 9 to18 RPMs if possible. 

I don't use the pacbay or similar machine however i assume the switch simply directs the power to whatever motor you choose.  The wrapping motor is basically adapted from a sewing machine and the drying from a microwave turntable. Each has 2 wires, power to the switch on one side and the dryer or wrapper on the other.   Changing the dryer/ rpm from 9 to 18 will have little effect imo.  I recommend applying finish with the wrapper and foot pedal then simply switching to "drying mode".  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Look at a wiring diagram for a sewing machine, wire the plug, foot switch, etc. just as you see, the wires that go to the light will be the ones used for the drying motor. Now look at the diagram and see the wire that is common to both the motors, the foot switch, and the plug, that is the wire connected to the selector switch's center pole, the wrapper motor and drying motor are connected to the outer connections of the switch. Now everything will work I think.

Edited by spoonplugger1