What’s the best way to cut the cable cord

Rate this topic

capequahog

On 8/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, faithless said:

We just did this. For all of you trying to get local stations go to locast.org. It's a donation based local channel streaming service based on your location. If you don't have a smart TV just get a cheap roku box and install the app. If you do used them, donate the $5 dollars a month. They are getting sued left and right by cable networks. Local channels are free and broadcasted for free over air. All cables networks do is capture that signal and give it to your in their channel line up. It is total bull****.

Looks like LoCast days are numbered.

Time to break out the antennas folks.

NEW YORK—Following an adverse ruling this week in the U.S. federal court in the Southern District of New York, Locast has issued a statement saying it is suspending operations.  

“As a non-profit, Locast was designed from the very beginning to operate in accordance with the strict letter of the law, but in response to the court’s recent rulings, with which we respectfully disagree, we are hereby suspending operations, effective immediately,” the statement said. 

The move will shut down service in 36 markets where Locast streams broadcast signals to users.

15 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

Looks like LoCast days are numbered.

Time to break out the antennas folks.

NEW YORK—Following an adverse ruling this week in the U.S. federal court in the Southern District of New York, Locast has issued a statement saying it is suspending operations.  

“As a non-profit, Locast was designed from the very beginning to operate in accordance with the strict letter of the law, but in response to the court’s recent rulings, with which we respectfully disagree, we are hereby suspending operations, effective immediately,” the statement said. 

The move will shut down service in 36 markets where Locast streams broadcast signals to users.

Yup, they found some loop hole to deem them not a true non profit. It is going to go into trial, so for now the service is suspended. The beauty of it all is that I cancelled Locast , Philo, Hulu and got Youtube TV all within 15 min to get my local channels back for now. That's the beauty of cutting the cord. I can change anything anytime without any stupid contracts. The only channel I am missing is Scienece channel from Philo.