Sporto10003

Waterproof neck light

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

mouth light ain't gonna cut it for me. don't have any teeth. carry denture glue in my waders just in case.  works well with soft plastics and jig heads too.

6 hours ago, OnlyChunk said:

mouth light ain't gonna cut it for me. don't have any teeth. carry denture glue in my waders just in case.  works well with soft plastics and jig heads too.

Sounds like your teeth aren't cutting anything either. ;)

Anyone use wire as a lanyard? I saw couple articles detailing how you can angle a neck light with plastic coated electric wire tape to a light as a lanyard. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I carry two neck lights.  A white light that is on surgical tubing (the one in my mouth) and a red light on electrical wire.  The wire is great as you can aim the light and you don't have to use your mouth.  Its the light i use 95% of the time.  I only use the white light when I have to (removing a deep hook, getting off a dicey rock into deep water, etc.).

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Edited by jesgord

1 hour ago, jesgord said:

I carry two neck lights.  A white light that is on surgical tubing (the one in my mouth) and a red light on electrical wire.  The wire is great as you can aim the light and you don't have to use your mouth.  Its the light i use 95% of the time.  I only use the white light when I have to (removing a deep hook, getting off a dicey rock into deep water, etc.).

What’s the issue using your mouth to hold the light?

49 mins ago, levari said:

What’s the issue using your mouth to hold the light?

Not really an issue.  Just nice to be able to keep the light around my neck and have it stay aimed where I want.  Also, its hard to talk with a light in your mouth ;-)

59 mins ago, jesgord said:

Not really an issue.  Just nice to be able to keep the light around my neck and have it stay aimed where I want.  Also, its hard to talk with a light in your mouth ;-)

Also hard to sing ...:howdy:

2 hours ago, D1NOnly said:

I just wear my headlamp around my neck, still hands free. 

How do you point the light in the direction of the fish mouth when you are working on removing the treble hook that is stuck deep in the fish mouth?

22 hours ago, jesgord said:

Are one of your lights red and one white? 

6 mins ago, PeteA said:

Are one of your lights red and one white? 

Yes-the one in my mouth is white.  The yellow one is red.  Its actually a white light with red tail light tape over the lens.  Great stuff, you can use it to make any white light a red light

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.48.54 AM.png

3 mins ago, jesgord said:

Yes-the one in my mouth is white.  The yellow one is red.  Its actually a white light with red tail light tape over the lens.  Great stuff, you can use it to make any white light a red light

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.48.54 AM.png

Awesome!!!! Thx much for the info. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Are there any actual waterproof headlamps that you can wear around your neck if you do not like to wear anything on your head?  I saw this on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/FoxFury-420-T09R-Resistant-Waterproof-Rechargeable/dp/B073ZG7DP6/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=100%%2Bwaterproof%2Bheadlamp&qid=1629951666&s=hi&sr=1-4&th=1

any thoughts?  I saw some LED bands that are very light but most were not 100% waterproof but rather resistant but they look light enough that maybe strapped around your neck snugly it could work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XTMGBM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B078XTMGBM&pd_rd_w=Y6jyT&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=QZxJN&pf_rd_r=FP3WWWTEXRBHHB1ZMCMJ&pd_rd_r=15ffca3b-eb19-4318-b5b2-2b79155315b1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFSV0lUQVpJNE4xWlomZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3NzcwNjUxTVhXMTlOVTBaQTdDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1OTQ4OTgyRk1RR0VXWE8yODVRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This one was $65 vs the other that is true waterproof to 3 meters that is $150  And to clarify I mean snug around your neck not dangling like a lanyard. 

Edited by zudo