coolhandfluke

31 years ago today we got married.

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

12 mins ago, Any Luck Buddy said:

Congrats!  Glad you made it through and that both of you resisted the temptation of seeing other men.

for many years i said i was going to get divorced and turn the other way

56 years, and we met on a blind date. Married by a JP.,  Lots of give an takes. It's what you make it !!!!!!!!!!! I even got her to luv fishing:rav:

Congrats to you and the missus, lots to say for being satisfied being happy and content. Lotsa' miserable folks out there, men and women and whatever else there is these days.

Approaching #39 in October, numb and secure. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

nope. she is working a double today. 

Congrats chf. One anniversary my wife was working, a bartender at a nice restaurant. I got myself a date and sat at a table with my date watching her while eating our meal. She got a delivery of flowers from me as my date and I ate. My wife rushed over and gave me a giant kiss as my date, her mother clapped.

5 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

i cant say we have had the best marriage, because i would be lying. lots of issues the first ten years.  Trust was never an issue.  i was asked many times why i stayed.   2 reasons were my son and daughter.

yes, i went to a divorce lawyer twice for advise.   the next ten years were somewhat better but the wife still had issues which were hard to overcome. the next 5 years got better gradually. these last 6 years have by far been the best .

i was able to secure a better job and my wife became a nurse.   money is not a cure all, but it has certainly helped us as there is no more worries of putting food on the table or paying bills.

i lost contact with friends and family during the bad years because of the issues. but today my son is 28 years old,married and has a son and a house.  my daughter is 25 and is a school teacher and out on her own.

they both turned out great. they both are doing way better then we did for many years.  our goal , which is the same for most, was for my kids to have a better life, and thankfully they are.

my wife just texted me at 1.00pm saying happy anniversary .   as 1.00pm 31 years ago was when the ceremony began.

i have to add, i am not the easiest person to be with either.  it was certainly not all her fault.

That's a heart warming story. You should write for your local newspaper. 

3 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

That's a heart warming story. You should write for your local newspaper. 

Lol. 

17 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

i cant say we have had the best marriage, because i would be lying. lots of issues the first ten years.  Trust was never an issue.  i was asked many times why i stayed.   2 reasons were my son and daughter.

yes, i went to a divorce lawyer twice for advise.   the next ten years were somewhat better but the wife still had issues which were hard to overcome. the next 5 years got better gradually. these last 6 years have by far been the best .

i was able to secure a better job and my wife became a nurse.   money is not a cure all, but it has certainly helped us as there is no more worries of putting food on the table or paying bills.

i lost contact with friends and family during the bad years because of the issues. but today my son is 28 years old,married and has a son and a house.  my daughter is 25 and is a school teacher and out on her own.

they both turned out great. they both are doing way better then we did for many years.  our goal , which is the same for most, was for my kids to have a better life, and thankfully they are.

my wife just texted me at 1.00pm saying happy anniversary .   as 1.00pm 31 years ago was when the ceremony began.

i have to add, i am not the easiest person to be with either.  it was certainly not all her fault.

Hey Coolhand  congrats to you and your wife for not giving up and doing the hard work which it takes to keep a relationship moving toward maturity. My wife and me reached the 50 year mark on April 3rd 2021, and if she were asked she would say that 4 or 5 of those years were actually pretty good.