gman1253

Where's Kamala?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

1 min ago, gman1253 said:

Not a beep about women's rights concerning the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan. 

Is she still looking for the border?

I think it's refreshing she isn't squawking about woman's rights in Afghanistan.  it' snot our problem and we are better off not getting involved.

1 min ago, Kings over Queens said:

I think it's refreshing she isn't squawking about woman's rights in Afghanistan.  it' snot our problem and we are better off not getting involved.

I think it's refreshing that she's not squawking at all.    :D

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Taliban have said women's rights will be protected. What that means in practice we'll have to see, but I can guarantee the modern Western ways for women are gone and that's not our problem, if the feminists want to do something about it then they can go to Afghanistan and fight the Taliban themselves. Once again the new Taliban is more savy and they know going back to the pre 2001 days isn't going to go over well with the international community so I suspect they are going to clamp down on the extremists, already their statements and tweet to their own members has been to back off and not seek retribution. We don't have much if any leverage so we may as well wait and see.

Once again its not our problem and if the feminists and progressives start to make demands I think a lot of people are going to get pissed.Its time to stop demanding other people act exactly like the West.

One thing most people including democrats can agree on is picking Harris as VP was a huge mistake. Those of us who've know of her for a long time knows how useless she is. If she's the Dems pick to run for President then they will lose by a landslide to just about anyone the GOP runs against her.

Edited by sfbaytf

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, sfbaytf said:

The Taliban have said women's rights will be protected. What that means in practice we'll have to see, but I can guarantee the modern Western ways for women are gone and that's not our problem, if the feminists want to do something about it then they can go to Afghanistan and fight the Taliban themselves. Once again the new Taliban is more savy and they know going back to the pre 2001 days isn't going to go over well with the international community so I suspect they are going to clamp down on the extremists, already their statements and tweet to their own members has been to back off and not seek retribution. We don't have much if any leverage so we may as well wait and see.

Once again its not our problem and if the feminists and progressives start to make demands I think a lot of people are going to get pissed.Its time to stop demanding other people act exactly like the West.

And clarified with "under the provisions of Sharia Law", so yeah, their rights are gtg. smh. They are also dragging 11-12 year old girls out of their homes or marriage to the "fighters".

Edited by Rickman

2 mins ago, sfbaytf said:

Thank you. :th: 

3 mins ago, Rickman said:

And clarified with "under the provisions of Sharia Law", so yeah, their rights are gtg. smh. They are also dragging 11-12 year old girls out of their homes or marriage to the "fighters".

Its sucks but what are we going to do? At this point what leverage do we have? Are we going to bomb and drone strike the Taliban? Do that and then they will have every excuse to clamp don't hard on everyone.

What we do know right now is this-the Taliban is putting on a "New Face" and is trying to convey to the world they have changed. Sharia Law can be interpreted and implemented in many ways from strict and harsh to moderate or liberal. When the time is right, we can diplomatically ask they clamp down on practices we find abhorrent and link it to resumption of aid or some limited form of recognition.

That about all the leverage we have. 

15 mins ago, sfbaytf said:

Its sucks but what are we going to do? At this point what leverage do we have? Are we going to bomb and drone strike the Taliban? Do that and then they will have every excuse to clamp don't hard on everyone.

What we do know right now is this-the Taliban is putting on a "New Face" and is trying to convey to the world they have changed. Sharia Law can be interpreted and implemented in many ways from strict and harsh to moderate or liberal. When the time is right, we can diplomatically ask they clamp down on practices we find abhorrent and link it to resumption of aid or some limited form of recognition.

That about all the leverage we have. 

I agree, nothing we can do, just point out that all is not as seems in their lies  remarks.