Stopsign32v

Suggest me a $100 1 piece spinning rod for inshore

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a decent rod for vacation fishing to keep at the in-law's house. I'm wanting something in the medium power with a decent backbone that can toss the 1/8th jigs at the lightest decently and up to 3/4oz decently without absolutely having to carefully lob it. Is this request even possible? I also want a lightweight rod and something with a short butt. Between 6'6 and 7'.

Rods that come to mind that I really like are the regular Avid X and the Phenix M1. So I was thinking is there something close to those but around or right below $100?

St croix premier 7’ I think it about $130 though but good rod for the price and if you break it they are good with replacing under warranty.

10 hours ago, Konajon said:

Fenwick HMG inshore should do it.

Second this.  I have the medium 7' 1/8 - 1 and it is good to go.  Good components, pretty light and sensitive, and didn't break the bank.  

Most of these I can't get. I guess it would have been smart of me to also mention that it has to be purchased at Sportsman Warehouse since I have a $50 gift card.

10 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

Most of these I can't get. I guess it would have been smart of me to also mention that it has to be purchased at Sportsman Warehouse since I have a $50 gift card.

Star Stellar Lite should do it then, 7’ Medium 1/4-3/4 leaves you a nickel left in your budget. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

41 mins ago, Konajon said:

Star Stellar Lite should do it then, 7’ Medium 1/4-3/4 leaves you a nickel left in your budget. 

I don't think they sell Star rods???

Nevermind I found them

Reviews on this rod say the action is very moderate compared to most. Some say they feel like a "wet noodle". That is disappointing

Edited by Stopsign32v

1 min ago, 55555s said:

Star stellar inshore?  

Yep the Stellar light

" Just received 6’6” spinning rod. A guide was bent upon receiving it, not a huge deal I bent it back. The action of the rod is moderate at best, kind of a wet noodle. I’m using it to pull inline spinners for panfish so that’s ok I guess but I’d prefer a faster rod. Clicking noise when flexing the rod due to the epoxy on the first guide, why the epoxy is making that noise I don’t know I could speculate as to why but I will refrain. Rod is made in China, would’ve liked to know that before ordering. Would have got a St. Croix Inshore rod but they were all a little longer than I wanted at 7’. Hopefully the rod endears itself to me after a long day of fishing. So far though I’d say it is very underwhelming. "