TBYRD

Would you book a FLA hurricane vaca

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Planning a stay on the Florida coast during a hurricane someday...  the wife said I'm deranged....

What say you?

Come on down. We’ll be drinking dark and stormy. 

This Fred storm will be nothing more than another day but with more rain. 

We lost power at the shore for three days due to an ice storm. I had to know what was happening so I made the drive. The interior temp was 42 and freezing outside. Got the propane heaters going and sat there nothing to do. Decided then I'll pack up and leave before any major storm hits. Take this into consideration before your hurricane party.

4 hours ago, TBYRD said:

Planning a stay on the Florida coast during a hurricane someday...  the wife said I'm deranged....

What say you?

Have you ever experienced a hurricane? Get trapped in the wrong place at the wrong time and you'll be sorry. BTW, how do you plan a stay to coincide with a hurricane, the experts can't predict a day out. 

Next up, maybe a fun game of Russian Roulette, the odds are in your favor.

No good can come from your intentions but more harm than you could imagine could, maybe you should listen to your wife.

6 hours ago, TBYRD said:

What say you?

Bermuda 

Was in SW Florida for Cat-4 Hurricane Irma in 2017; no big deal.  Sandy on Long Island in 2012 was far more interesting.  For some real fun I’d suggest an avalanche vacation somewhere in the Rockies…

It could be fun if you are prepared like a storm chaser. Finding a place to stay could be tricky if everything shuts down/evacuates. 
I’ve always wanted to go on a tornado chasing trip. Maybe someday.