hunter123

sissors for braid.

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I purchased my scissors for a buck from Dollar Tree in their back to school stationary department.. They have no point, they are round nosed and are about 4 inches long.. What I like is I can place them in my pocket without poking a hole.. I use them practically for everything. Cutting braid, mono and even bait... At the end of the day I wash them down and apply a very light coat of oil..

I bought the black Rapala ones that are supposed to be stainless. After a short time in salt water, this pair has developed oxidization stains in spots. I would consider them freshwater scissors. I also have the blue-handled Cuda 3" braid scissors and I'm very happy with them in both salt and fresh waters. I've used regular office scissors at times, and they are acceptable as long as they have small wavy serrations versus a smooth edge.  

These have worked for me and are affordable.  Still operates well after use in saltwater.  They come in various sizes but the Cuda 5.5" is ideal for my use.  The key is the serrated edges.  It cuts the braid rather then fraying the line until it breaks with dull non-serrated scissors.

18362_1.jpg

Just ordered a cool tool.. 

It's like a mini plier only it has  carbide cutters instead of Jaws and is about 3"long... Pretty neat.. No clue how it'll last.. But works like a charm 

46 mins ago, RP McMurphy said:

Fiskars kids scissors. Less than $2 at Wally World and great with braid. 

Agree.   

These work pretty well. Serrated edge is the key, like others have said. Not sure how salt-friendly they are, though. 
Only have used them in fresh water so far.

7A88B24B-67E6-4EC6-9B4E-168D6A96AB47.jpeg

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Just ordered a cool tool.. 

It's like a mini plier only it has  carbide cutters instead of Jaws and is about 3"long... Pretty neat.. No clue how it'll last.. But works like a charm 

More info plz...

2 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

Fiskars kids scissors. Less than $2 at Wally World and great with braid. 

Yup.  Not even questionable.   2 bucks.    But unfortunately they won't cut the braid as clean as the 300 clam van zee stahl bass cutters.