nightfighter

Need to replace driver's seat in truck

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

2003 Chevy Express 3500  Drivers seat. Any experience out there? Foam is disintegrating daily. Is this considered the left or right side seat? Any help (DIY, websites, etc) appreciated

11 mins ago, nightfighter said:

2003 Chevy Express 3500  Drivers seat. Any experience out there? Foam is disintegrating daily. Is this considered the left or right side seat? Any help (DIY, websites, etc) appreciated

lmc trk.

24 mins ago, JAL said:

Junk or parts yard, or don't those exist any more?

I checked car-parts but almost all are going to have the same issues as this one, if only less severe...

I had the same problem in my Express…

I just glued and stitched in some replacement foam where it was missing, then got some cheap Dickies vinyl seat covers =  good enough…:witty:

I slit the seam on the leather/vinyl and stuffed new foam into the seat until it suited my butt.  Then stitched it back together.

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

I checked car-parts but almost all are going to have the same issues as this one, if only less severe...

A hundred clams in Newark.

Do a search on car-part (no S) dot com.

Screenshot_20210811-174700.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

37 mins ago, Chunkah said:

I thought you were buying a new ride?

Going to keep the rolling toolbox going until at least next spring... Just not spending up to pandemic pricing right now. Dealers are paying almost retail new at auctions. It is crazy.  Might have a line on a GMC Denali from  neighbor I have bought two Tahoes from in the past. It is all about price, and I am really just back to work full time... Stripped and repainted four of the six rear door hinges and removed the rust stains from them with FSR. Truck looks pretty good and only has 114k on it. Buddy had his 3500 with a 12' Spartan box split the frame... Dropped $54 large on a new 10'. Boy, is he pissed.... Inspired me to put some lipstick on my old girl.

Chris G. Thanks for that lead. I just bit the bullet and ordered new foam and bottom cover from The Seat Shop dot com. Three weeks to get the foam. $264   Videos are pretty complete. But I am betting I will have to cut two of the bolts with a wheel to remove the seat...

Edited by nightfighter

"superhyde by marathon" seat covers, they make them to order, as said previously,  stuff some foam in it , duct tape it and then put the seat cover on

13 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Going to keep the rolling toolbox going until at least next spring... Just not spending up to pandemic pricing right now. Dealers are paying almost retail new at auctions. It is crazy.  Might have a line on a GMC Denali from  neighbor I have bought two Tahoes from in the past. It is all about price, and I am really just back to work full time... Stripped and repainted four of the six rear door hinges and removed the rust stains from them with FSR. Truck looks pretty good and only has 114k on it. Buddy had his 3500 with a 12' Spartan box split the frame... Dropped $54 large on a new 10'. Boy, is he pissed.... Inspired me to put some lipstick on my old girl.

Chris G. Thanks for that lead. I just bit the bullet and ordered new foam and bottom cover from The Seat Shop dot com. Three weeks to get the foam. $264   Videos are pretty complete. But I am betting I will have to cut two of the bolts with a wheel to remove the seat...

Smart! I have some rusty hinges that could use some attention too...